Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woodward Designs #1: CB400 wtf bike - new pics

Have a thread in the welcome center, thought I would create one here and make this bike build more official.

Original:

Most recent pic:

So, after purchasing this thing (1980 Honda CB400T Hawk) my brother and I couldn't really decide what to do with it. old bikes are tough, you can pretty much restore, bobber, or cafe them, and I am a big fan of bobbers and cafe racers. So at first it looked like this:

Then this:

At that point it didnt have much done to it really, but it turned heads a fair amount compared to all the harleys and sportbikes out here.

We got kind of sick of the look though, it still looked too long and dated and needed a change.

So, we cut the seat off:

And it snowballed from there:

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Very cool bike, and I also think the club bars would work better, but either way very nice job on the bike.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chance said:
Nice bike man, i love the tail!

I think it would be best with the new tail and the clubman bars you had on it. mean lookin for sure
Very cool bike, and I also think the club bars would work better, but either way very nice job on the bike.
Thanks guys!

I did get a bracket bent and welded and sandblasted yesterday to mount the taillight to the tail, and I also took all the exhaust into the blaster as well, so hopefully I can get everything high temp blacked today and get my brother to snap some pics with his DSLR - he took the one pic of the bike freshly painted black with the clubmans up there^

I still have a lot of work to do as far as tuning and adapting the sidepanels better, and also blacking out more of the bike (headlight housing, pass peg brackets, wheels)

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, got the pod filters in the mail and the exhaust painted in high temp black, the taillight is mounted finally, all I need to do is some wiring on the charging system and fire her up!

Im sure its gonna need a rejet and the carbs cleaned/synced, so hopefully I can do it all this week.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, pod filters are installed and the bike starts if I jump it, I accidentally deleted a wire for the charging system - anyone know what the two wires off the stator are normal wired to? Ill look for a diagram if I can find one.

Just one wire from the stator is unplugged, and this things back in action.

·
wtf?
1,188 Posts
Well, pod filters are installed and the bike starts if I jump it, I accidentally deleted a wire for the charging system - anyone know what the two wires off the stator are normal wired to? Ill look for a diagram if I can find one.

Just one wire from the stator is unplugged, and this things back in action.
it might go to the regulator rectifier. atleast, thats where it went on my interceptor motor i just wired up.

good luck with it

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
this bike rocks

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this bike rocks

Thanks!

Some late yesterday pics:

Adam, my brother - paint and graphics man:

Me - Eric:

Blacked out headlight:

Favorite pic:

We hadn't washed the bike at all and I am aware of the backwards Honda wing logo lol. We still need to mount the choke properly and fuse the headlight - its a driving light running an 85 watt H3 PIAA Star White bulb. Taillight and drag bar were purchased at Cafe Racer in Ypsilanti MI, also running an LED 1157 in the tail.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice bike man! a little detail work and it'll be the tits! (like different exhaust clamps)

Also, are the passenger pegs still on the bike? or can you use those as well when you are riding? If not, i would move the passenger pegs to the riders pegs. those knurled ones look sick.

Again, awesome bike man. its real different, and i like it
Thanks a ton!
The knurled pegs are an old set of bmx pegs I had at home, I use the passenger ones when i'm cruising and ultimately plan on 4 matching ones all around, probably black ones. I want the main ones to fold though, that'll take some machining.

The exhaust clamps suck, they are mostly just so I could finally fire it up and ride today to see how its running. And it is LOUD.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
this bike looks perfect. i love it!

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to pick up the bike and ride today! Woo, its been too long since its really been on the road (a month??)

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up another project!

1983 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD

Will be a bobber eventually

On pickup:

After an hour:

Fenderless:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts