Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
is lurking in the shadows
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, I've decided to make this an "official" rebuild.

I picked up this bike a little over a year ago from a friend as a second bike (didn't want to stunt my main bike, also a F4i, but I've since sold it and made this one my main bike). It was a wrecked track bike that my buddy had began to setup to stunt before getting in some financial problems, making it a perfect candidate for me. It didn't have a tail section, but I had a spare laying around so I threw it on and came up with this:

Dented high mount midpipe (extra backpressure for added low end lol)

Well, I grabbed a front fender, a new midpipe, and OMR subcage, tailsaver, new (better dented) tank, clip-ons (running them flipped and pushed out), a radial GSXR master for the front, MSR Ez pull clutch, new front rim (the one on it was bent and had a nice hop/slow leak), new front seat (and an extra rear to cut a hole in), and a few others bits and peices. After a fresh coat of rattle can special here's how she sat:
(notice how much the PC faded on the cage. Weak shit)

Well, that lasted a little while. I had some fun. I made some wheelies and some stoppies (still a squid, but having fun)
Repping the Skully

But last week I had a little spill....into a phone pole....and ended up with this:

So, now it's time for a REBUILD!!!!

Game plan:
-Replace the obvious (swingarm, rear rim, tail section, front fender, etc.)
-Rattle Can the cage/frame/swinger gloss black
-Rattle Can the tank/tail/fender/headlight charcoal
-Rattle can the wheels goldish (and maybe a few other detail parts)
-Mount my SI Round Bar (it's been sitting under my bed for a while, just never mounted it)
-Setup handbrake (Full Throttle Dual Quad Caliper w/ 1000rr Radial master)
-Potential fork swap (if mine are fucked). Options I'm considering: 929/954 (slightly shorter than stock), RC51 (same length, pricey), R1 (less demand meaning better $$ range, but would need more parts which could offset initial savings, same length as stock), plus a few more, but those are the main ones.
-MIGHT try to rework my tank dent to bring it a little further back, but that's doubtful.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I'll try to keep this thread up to date, but I need you guys to help push me to finish this and not cut corners, so if I don't post in here much, stay on my ass. lol
:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
do work...so you can do wheelies...otherwise you're gonna have to spend all your spare time with your girlfriend :D

Reactions: Stick and gsf1200R

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you healing up okay after the spill. i think you hit your head and blacked out right?
I'm healing up pretty well. Got my staples taken out today. The concussion SUCKED. I might remember a total of 30% of last week.
do work...so you can do wheelies...otherwise you're gonna have to spend all your spare time with your girlfriend :D
It's already killing me not to have a bike.
crashing sucks you should really spend less time doing it. So whats the new color scheme?
I'm planning on charcoal tank/tail/fender with gold rims (maybe a few accent pieces)

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Swingarm is here! I won't be putting it on til I get most of the parts in, then I'll bust heads one day. F4iFlyBy was nice enough to donate some parts to help get me back on the road, so that'll speed things up too!

·
WTF is a motorcycle?
3,003 Posts
Just picked up a pair of 05 600RR forks. I'm also planning on going all frankenstein on two Acerbis headlights. I want to use the main projector lens from a cyclops in a blitz housing.
In case you didn't know, the RR forks are considerably shorter then the stockers. Don't think it'll matter for stunt purposes however.

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The RR forks will probably be a little more down the road, I just got a good deal on them and decided I might as well start gathering pieces. The only way I'd go ahead and do it now would be if I could get some gangster good deals on all the parts. I'm ok with them being shorter, I'm not a track guy, so the difference in the geometry won't kill me. I'm mainly in it for the radial brakes.

·
WTF is a motorcycle?
3,003 Posts
The RR forks will probably be a little more down the road, I just got a good deal on them and decided I might as well start gathering pieces. The only way I'd go ahead and do it now would be if I could get some gangster good deals on all the parts. I'm ok with them being shorter, I'm not a track guy, so the difference in the geometry won't kill me. I'm mainly in it for the radial brakes.
I wish I had the cash, I've missed out on some good deals, like RC51 fork tubes for $170 shipped...
Like I said, the 600RR forks won't matter to you too much for stunt purposes, its just one of the reasons I'm going with 929/954/1000RR/RC51 tubes.

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, from what I understand, the 929/954 forks are shorter than stock too. I'd love to grab some RC51 forks to throw on, but they're HIGH. I got the RR tubes for $125 shipped to my door, so I was happy about that. If you really want to be unique and cost effective AND stay true to stock geometry, you could throw on a R1 front end. They slide right into 929/954 triples and are the same length as stock. And they look sah-weet

·
WTF is a motorcycle?
3,003 Posts
Well, from what I understand, the 929/954 forks are shorter than stock too. I'd love to grab some RC51 forks to throw on, but they're HIGH. I got the RR tubes for $125 shipped to my door, so I was happy about that. If you really want to be unique and cost effective AND stay true to stock geometry, you could throw on a R1 front end. They slide right into 929/954 triples and are the same length as stock. And they look sah-weet
Yea, they are all shorter, not as bad as the 600RR however.
I've been thinking on the R1 front, I still need to collect up my lower triple and steering stem though, all I have is a 929 top triple.

·
WTF is a motorcycle?
3,003 Posts
Any clue just how much shorter the RR front end is and how it will effect me negatively? I know some people run into problems because they run the clip-ons on top and then they smash their radiators.
I messed up, 1000RR and 600RR are the same length.
No idea on how it will effect you negatively, other then what you've already said. I couldn't find exact measurements of each, but I did find a thread over on stuntlife saying with the RR forks you either need to run the clip ons under the triple or run dirty bars so you don't smash your radiator, as you already know. I'm guessing its a good difference though, because I've never heard of any problems with people running 929/954 fronts with clip ons on top of the triple. I don't see major problems (although I have no idea what throwing the frame geometry off a couple inches will do), but I do see a major inconvenience to you since you do stunt not being able to run clip ons up top of the triple without worrying about clearance.

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I know people have the same problems smashing radiators/fenders if they're running their clip-ons on top of 929/954 triples. That's why they designed this:
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/adrianr6gst/tripleclamp.jpg
It let's you run them on top, without having clearance issues.

As far as how I'm planning on running mine, I'm going to run them under the triple (so I don't smash anything) BUT I'm going to run a pair of SWATT bars (probably the 1.5 in rise, but MAYBE the 2.5 if I don't like the 1.5)

OR if I wanted to be a super pimp, I could run SWATT bars AND the HHD triple. But I'm not going to do that (for $$$ reasons)

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GREAT NEWS!!!! I got my scholarship refund check today. I wasn't sure how much I was going to get, I was hoping for 1000-1500, but when I went to pick it up it was 1950!!!! That means the I can go ahead and do the fork swap now and the government is paying for it for me!!! :yeah:

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
dont forget a 12 bar this time around man. :D

1 - 20 of 89 Posts