Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on this forum a while and always said my next bike will be a fighter so now on my 4th bike and was saying in october il get a bike to fighter...then my indicator wiring broke somewhere on my Firestorm so i took the plastics off and then I decided the best course of action was wide bars!
IMG_0525.JPG
My bike as I have had it for 6 months
10300778_10152038321930060_6169234237588410665_n.jpg
Stripped it down
IMG_0541.jpg
Bought loads of parts got all this for £200 including the 2 frames and engine
IMG_0538.jpg

10295785_10152038321570060_3126903167165562073_n.jpg
New handlebars to go on (got bar end mirrors and shorty race levers too)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys! stuck on waiting for the headlight and the CNC top yoke now! (headlight should of been here last tuesday! not happy with a certain ebay company!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wired up and mounted the headlight this weekend...got exams for the next week so needed it street legal :/ clocks mounted poorly for now but until my top yoke comes through and my exams are out the way for uni then It will be get this road going with wide bars and a few other touches and start work on my second VTR i have :)

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you used it in the dark yet? Just wondering how good/bad that headlight is.
Took the bike out tonight to chester and back for an exam and the headlight seems to be ok! however atm it is facing too high, I will mount it with the brackets the other way round as it didn't come with instructions XD then I will get back to you and tell you how good it really is (main beam is pretty good) low beam atm isnt but that could be because its facing upwards not at the road :p

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took the headlight out again to llandudno tonight. works well after I pointed it down a bit...good for a 35w bulb! not as good as my mates z800 headlight though :/

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
took the headlight out again to llandudno tonight. works well after I pointed it down a bit...good for a 35w bulb! not as good as my mates z800 headlight though :/
I reckon the Z800 could have an H4 bulb or summat like that. It's good to know yours isn't too bad though. :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
big update time!

SO my top yoke arrived! spent the day setting it up and now this is how it looks

this is said top yoke

fitted some steel braided lines too

along with new red and black grips and shorty levers

Had to make a temporary bracket for the clocks out of 3mm Galvanised steel I got cheap!

As far as the headlight goes...at first I was pleased with the headlight but after riding back the other night from the Raven cafe and not being able to see a feckin thing I got home and decided I was gonna make my own mask headlights so ordered an airsoft mask and a pair of h3 55w lights to run as eyes and lights that look like this

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all the parts turned up so I cracked on...

all the mounts holding lights to mask, mask to indicators and everything to the forks

how it looked from the front...

mounted on bike and lit up

finally this is the light output which is ALOT better than the motocross headlight! just waiting on my digi dash now!

so Eccles hope you think it worked out well! honest input is welcome!

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
Looks the dog's bollocks matey! :rock:

How much of a fuck on was it to get the lights mounted in the mask? Was the lighting rig pretty much complete and just needed mounting? Or did you have to do quite a bit of wiring & bracket making to get it sorted? Not sure about the indicators where they are but it could just be the photo. Might be better to see them from a little more distance to get an overall look of the bike to judge properly.

Overall though, I think it's fucking ace!! :thumbsup:

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
looking at how your indicators are sitting, I reckon a set of bones sticking out the top at the same angle would make it look like a skull and crossbones. may be too much, but that's the first thing I saw when I saw it from the front..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheers Eccles!

erm wasnt too difficult to get it to sit in the mask there was just alot of measuring and lining up before I drilled anything to make sure the ligthts sat in the correct place! the lights were 2.5" diameter and the eyes were 2 and a bit inches so they sit quite well in the sockets...
The headlight came complete with their mounts and bulbs all that needed doing was mounting that to the mask with 2 'L brackets' and a straight cut of alluminium!

Will take a decent photo when im next out for a play!

Thunder they are the same headlights i got them from a guy in Romania and he shipped them straight away and they arrived just over a week later :) they are only single filmanet h3 bulbs :/ so they do not have lo and hi in each bulb but I have wired them so they are both on on Low atm until I can figure out how to get them to run Hi and Lo

Skull and crossbones would look good! I might look into that

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
more stuff done to the bike past few days :)

swapped front wheel from polished to all black to match the back (also a new front tyre)

Wired up new clocks and made brackets for them and sprayed them all 'Satin Black'

Clocks lit up

Clocks are from china and I have yet to set them up and connect speedo which is tomorrows job so we will see how good they are!

I am quite pleased with how the bike has turned out and happy with my abilities to make the mounts and all the wiring etc! Never thought id be good enough to fighter a bike and do all the work myself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts