Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ThumpaMonsta
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, gotta noob question....

After looking through approx 16-20 pages of google CF search can't seem to find the answer I am looking for... so I'm creating a thread.

Feel free to flame me if someone finds the answer in the search button, but for the life of me can't find it... but I digress....

Where might I find a STRAIGHT handlebar (presumably a scrapyard / metal shop), are any of you riding with such a setup, is it comfortable ? is it worth it ? or should I just put good'ol dirty bars ?

I kind of like the looks of a straight handlebar, but won't go trough with it if there is no gain (looks are important but if I can't ride the bloody thing there isn't much point :p)

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I myself was considering a straight bar. But unfortunately they go for 25-30 on eBay. Plus 12 shipping. So that's not worth it to me. I got a drag bar from z1enterprise.com for like $15. 7/8 with slight angle on each side worked well. As far as completely straight, it might be just easier and cheaper to find scrap steel. I don think z1e had straight bars.

I don't know where others have gotten their broomsticks from but I'm sure someone will chime in with some suggestions for it.

·
ThumpaMonsta
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a pic of what I was looking for (thank for the drag bar tip repped ya !)

A23 is what I mean by straight :p

Comfy ? worth the hassle ? (not those ones there 100$ a piece :eek:)

And them some came accross those which I find bitching :eek:
http://www.burlybrand.com/clubmanbars/index.aspx

As far a scrapping goes, the thing is standard bars diameter is 22mm (approx 1" ?) standard steel tube diameter is 21 OR 25mm according to what I could find on the internet, I might stand corrected, but just wanted to see if anyone had any input to give me.

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
On one of my bikes for a while I just used 7/8" piece of bar. Make sure its something with a decent thickness wall so it wont be bending on you.

After a while though, I think you'll want some with a little bit of bend in on them. When you have your hands on the grips of just straight ones, it puts your wrist angles funny. But its up to you.

·
ThumpaMonsta
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's 7/8" in metric ?

Or do you mean 7" or 8" ?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
22mm is 7/8, 25mm is 1".

Reactions: shotgun

·
fighterer in training
60 Posts
I have straight-ish dirty bars on my bike now and I love them so much, I won't have a bike without dirty bars now. But I must say I agree with the above stated, I can't see completely straight drag bars being very comfortable for the same reason, the wrists seem to me like they would be awkward. But there are people that have them and like them I'm sure

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
It depends on your desired riding position. After all, you gotta ride the bike. I personally would hate drag bars, because I've more nagging injuries than a 60 y/o. but I wanted aggressive bars, so I just went with the lowest bend in the handlebar I wanted (Easton EXP's for life). I kinda would like a bit more pullback and height, so I would suggest to go to the local bike shop that has a bunch of different bars for you to feel around with.

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
If you want to try out a straight bar, clamp a broom handle or wooden dowel of appropriate length in the clamps. Sit on the bike and and you can determine if you like the position.

Some other member did this for mockup purposes, but can't recall who.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i rode straight bars for a while on my first bike. it wasnt horrible.

Reactions: shotgun
1 - 12 of 12 Posts