Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Most radiator shops have given up on welding aluminum radiators, let alone bending them. If it didn't bust bending that way, there's almost a zero chance of it bending back without busting.

You COULD plan on buying a new one and try bending that one back on your own. If it doesn't break, then you've got a radiator.

To bend it back you'd need to slowly press it back into shape while supporting it with something solid.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
that dont look so hot dj. im with haelo. get a new one. i've got a 929 rad. if you cant find anything.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shit. I was hoping that one of you had a miracle rad bending technique that was going to save the day. Oh well....

My Gixxer has some funky hose routing (hose protruding out of the frame) so I think I'm forced to replace it with one that is similar with stock. If anyone has a line on a 96 - 99 GSXR 600/750 rad please PM me.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
I wouldn't limit yourself to just that radiator, lookin at where the hose intakes are on that radiator they are pretty similar to most rads. Like haelo said, you can make any hose work. Hoses are dirt cheap in whatever length you want at most hardware stores.

As long as your donor rad has the same # of hose intakes you'll be able to make it work with at the most some creative bracketry and longer hoses. Take a good look at one before buying it, but I would have no worries making most fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts