Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SV1000 fighter currently has some OEM KTM dirtbike fatbars that I paid $5 for. The price was right so I bought em, but the bend isn't great for hanging off.

Recently I've been borrowing my dad's SuperDuke, and the bars on it are much better for hanging off in the twisties.

Does anyone have suggestions for reasonably priced bars that work well for twisties? I've heard that OEM Ducati Monster or Streetfighter bars are good but they're hard to find cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130961573528 I also found those but I'm not sure how much I trust em..

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has suggestions for bars?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Too many variables, what works for me might not work for you.
I've currently got driven super cross bars on 70 mm angled risers, it gets the bars pretty close to feeling like my old 640 motard.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Everyone has a different preference for bars. I had Renthal Fatbars from a YZ250 on my B12 and I liked them.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My experience is that most dirt bend bars are fairly straight, which is great for wheelies but not so good for hanging off. Street bend bars have more sweep, which makes it much easier to hang off.

The OEM Ducati Monster 796 bars appear to be damn nice, but they're almost $250 new, and I'm not willing to spend that much on a set of handlebars. Even $100 seems like a LOT to me for a set of bars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts