Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I find myself with a spare blade motor with carbs airbox coils ect and got to thinking of my old bike first bike I ever had on the road and how much fun I had on her how well she handled so Ime going to be fitting a cbr900 motor into a cbr400 nc23 frame I just need to find a nc23 rolling chassis any advice welcome

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Well the nc23 is 25 years old now so finding one with a usable shock can be forgotten. ISTR your can use an f4 shock? The forks/brakes can probably be upgraded to carby Fireblade gear very easily to help with the heavier engine and give some adjustability if nothing else.

If I were doing this I'd use: 96-7 blade fork with 929/954 brakes, nc29 6 spoke wheels and discs so you have a 17" rear and front. Those wheels fit that combination fine, you need to do some machining on the rear caliper carrier area is all. Does leave you on a 160 rear though, is it enough for a blade lump? You won't get more in the arm so it'll have to be.

I am certain it's been done, have a look on 400greybike if you haven't already. The 600FL conversion is way easier though and would still give you a decent and reliable @80hp instead of the 400's @55hp. Anyone tells you a nc23 had 63hp stock, ask them for a dyno printout ;)

Reactions: Notyetafighter
1 - 4 of 4 Posts