Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on converting my 06 650r to a streetfighter for awhile now. I started with just planning on taking the fairings off and putting a z1000 fairing and windscreen on but has gone a bit further than that. I'll throw up what photos I have so far.

One of the first things I did was swap out a 2012 650r swing arm.

I sawed off the ignition switch from the top triple and mounted it in the open triangle shaped spot up by the neck. Please don't mind the paint at the moment as I am planning on stripping it down once I think i have everything the way I want it and painting everything.

I bought a cheapo exhaust off ebay and shortened it about 4 inches as well. So this is my exhaust for the time being.

Here's the stock headlight with an 03 Z1000 fairing. Fits right up.

Not sure if I'll leave the gauges like this or not. But they work for now.

I also picked up a set of arata rearsets as well.

And then I chopped the factory tail section off.

And replaced it with this.

This is about where I'm at right now. Got the subframe pretty much fitted and all welded up. I made it removeable because of the offset tail section of the original. I don't think I would have been able to put the battery in if I had welded it in solid.

Here's a couple pictures of the tail. I added some led lights inside so when my brake and blinkers come on the vents in the back of the tail section light up as well.The yellow isn't nearly as bright as the brake though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you can find titaniums build thread he had a headlight that would really fit your bike I think. You couldn't go wrong with an aftermarket single/dual lamp setup but one thing is to keep the gauges from being the highest object.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I like the z headlight it looks good and the tail and subframe came out great

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
really like the tail. and the vent lights. a lot. really like the newer swingarm and exhaust too. actually even like the pain the way it is right now, id just paint the tail to match the main frame or the frame to match the tail. but id leave the red and silver offset with the tank and swingarm against the tail and frame. not sure about the headlight though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got It rideable. Subframe welded up. ECU mounted wiring done. Passenger seat is on it's way. I have to pick up a set of the undertank plastic pieces that fit the ducati tail and mold them together with the factory 650 ones to clean up the portion under the seat area. Gonna ride it like the for awhile anyway.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Need to upgrade the suspension. Buy an 08 (I think) r1 shock, and check out my post in the suspension section on how to swap your spring onto it. I'll check to make sure the eye to eye length is the same

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a little bit done yesterday. Lowered it about two inches, removed the factory rear brake reservoir, and started heating and bending the factory ducati under tank panel to fit my tank. I haven't finished fitting it yet still waiting on the right fairing so I can fit them together as well to get everything the way I want it. Once warmed up though they can be molded quite easily.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
That is shaping up really nice!
This bike had some great lines to it...Nice job!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a little bit done today. Swapped out the factory coolant overflow tank. Didn't end up using the beer bottle as it was a little to big to fit where I wanted to put it. Used a glass bottle that comes with those little spray cans that you can put your own paint in. Also got the other undertank panel and got it one the bike. Have to do quite a bit of heating and forming on them now to form them to my tank.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts