Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that many streetfighters are low up front and high in back. Is there a reason for this? Or is it for looks primarily?

And yes, I've searched. :D

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
depends on how you do it i suppose. if your just jacking up the subframe, then yes its just for looks. if you do it with the suspension then it could be for performance... or just for looks.

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
depends on how you do it i suppose. if your just jacking up the subframe, then yes its just for looks. if you do it with the suspension then it could be for performance... or just for looks.
Mainly my question was geared toward the actual lowering and lifting of the suspension.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Lowering the front or raising the back makes the bike steer quicker. Too much though will cause speed wobbles

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So basically, it's just to effectively reduce the rake.

I see now.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Apparently pretty common on original cafe racer to slide the fork up in the trips to drop the front end (reduce rake). They'd also raise the back end a bit (longer shocks or new mounts) for more corner clearance (and rake again). This would also shift a bit of weight onto the front wheel (though rider posture does more).

Same practices applied to fighters would be as likely for looks / personal taste as anything, assuming the original bike was some sport bike that ALREADY has better handling than anything they used to turn into an actual cafe bike.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Its common on modern sportsbikes too. My forks have rings machined into them every 5mm to make it easier to do

Another reason why its might be common on streetfighters is because most of the time your swapping rsu for shorter usd forks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts