Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i took my bike down to the frame, for several reasons (frame work, powdercoat, etc.... and to rattle can paint engine.)

anyways, the engine is out, but I'm immediately regretting even considering painting it. I can already tell I'll BUTCHER the job using VHT or any spray job.... theres no way I feel comfortable getting the engine super clean without risking myself getting water/cleaning chemicals or whatever into the motor... im just too sketched out. No point in painting it if I cant be confident in it adhering to paint. It's a waste.

anyways.... the relevant question is.... what is this? I found it on the floor next to the motor once I pulled it out. I did not take apart the motor, just the oil pan. The rest of the bike is tore apart, but I only noticed this after I pulled the motor out.

Bike is a 2002 GSF600

·
2,781 Posts
those look like a shift contact pins......

...but thought there was only supposed to be one :confused:

Shall see if I can find the part number

·
2,781 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm? Suppose there might be two on some models but my bike only has 1.....

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d3cd84f870021958f28364/gear-shifting

Part labled 44 in the picture is the one I'm thinking off

Did you remove the neutral sensor switch when dismantling?
HOLY SHIT. :rock:

I must have! Gonna check first thing when i get off work.... wow.

Wow... thought nobody would be able to help. You deserve an award lol.

Its gotta be it, it looks identical to the label 44.

also, i found a tiny spring, too.... and I checked your diagram, YEP.... looks exactly like the ones included in the pic. Im happy again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts