Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right iv been given a stubby exhaust that i want to but on my CB-1 400which has a stock welded exhaust. if i cut the stock one off n put this one on, will i have any problems?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Shouldn't have too maby problems, may thange the paower curve a liitle if its very short and free flowing compaired to the stock one.

Reactions: shotgun

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
post up a couple of pics mate .Lets see tha new look ,bet its way better than stock .:D

·
God Of Wires
237 Posts
Yes and no. Make sure you put it on correctly. By that I mean weld or clamp it securely depending on where you are cutting and mounting. Exhaust leaks suck. They wont kill your bike though so don't worry if you get it wrong at first. The other big thing that could harm your bike (could as in it might, not it will deff frag your engine) is the tuning. When ever you change part of your intake/exhaust setup its highly recommended that you tune your bike. If it has carbs, thats a rejet. If its FI'd then you'll need something like a Power Commander to do it. You can usually swap pipes without changing anything, but you can actually lose power this way if you don't tune. Tuning is what allows you to maximize the benefits of the things you put on your bike. Its what lets you milk every drop of HP out of your personal 2 wheel weed whacker! Whenever you change how your bike breathes (increase airflow) you lean out your fuel mixture. Too lean=melted piston. A simple pipe swap 99.9% of the time isn't at risk of causing this though. Some bikes like the GS500 come from the factory waaay too lean already though, and a pipe + airbox removal / bright red glowing exhaust pipe = engine death. Once again though, you should be absolutely fine and I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Since you asked though, I wanted to give you as much info as possible. Good luck man, and welcome to CF

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes and no. Make sure you put it on correctly. By that I mean weld or clamp it securely depending on where you are cutting and mounting. Exhaust leaks suck. They wont kill your bike though so don't worry if you get it wrong at first. The other big thing that could harm your bike (could as in it might, not it will deff frag your engine) is the tuning. When ever you change part of your intake/exhaust setup its highly recommended that you tune your bike. If it has carbs, thats a rejet. If its FI'd then you'll need something like a Power Commander to do it. You can usually swap pipes without changing anything, but you can actually lose power this way if you don't tune. Tuning is what allows you to maximize the benefits of the things you put on your bike. Its what lets you milk every drop of HP out of your personal 2 wheel weed whacker! Whenever you change how your bike breathes (increase airflow) you lean out your fuel mixture. Too lean=melted piston. A simple pipe swap 99.9% of the time isn't at risk of causing this though. Some bikes like the GS500 come from the factory waaay too lean already though, and a pipe + airbox removal / bright red glowing exhaust pipe = engine death. Once again though, you should be absolutely fine and I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Since you asked though, I wanted to give you as much info as possible. Good luck man, and welcome to CF

cheers mate, will have a think about it this week n how im gona do it.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

finally put it on, and yes it is held on with a bungee cord. gona buy a better can n link pipe though so this is just a temporary little wonder

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mate, as i said its just a temp one as that can is bashed in to fook on the other side of it, need to get a small stainless link pipe to just pull it back round and inline with the bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts