Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Fellas is there any chance you guys can post some pictures of your short sub-frames.
I was putting a R6 tail end on my fighter but a custom guy told me it looked crap. so I've decided to make my own short sub-frame and put this tail piece on it. can i just have your opinion on the two pics please?

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hiya Fellas is there any chance you guys can post some pictures of your short sub-frames.
I was putting a R6 tail end on my fighter but a custom guy told me it looked crap. so I've decided to make my own short sub-frame and put this tail piece on it. can i just have your opinion on the two pics please?
well....... opinions are like ..... you get the point. I like the tail. The choice is yours tho. what do YOU think? we give opinions and take opinions around here but for the most part, we do what WE like and screw the "custom guys" that said, the ail looks a lil low. it covers the subframe pretty good, so if your happy with it, modify the undertail thats sticking out the back and run with it. personally, i like the lines of the yam tails.

its hard to tell without the cowl or rear seat on there, but personally I like the rear cowl/seat about even with the top of the tank. again, thats personal preference, but looks like you could raise it some. you would have to rework the front where it meets up with the frame and tank, but that may not be worth the effort. if your happy with it leave it. looks good to me

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scrappy the custom guy said it looked more like a bobber than a fighter. The bike is a FZR 750 and the tanks are pretty high so i was thinking of making my own sub-frame to take the seat sit higher up the tank. Its my first project and haven't got a clue how to start on a sub-frame so i'm stuck at the minute. the other tail piece was going to get flattened at the back just to bring it in to balance with the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Its all ur call. But that tail does look pretty slick. But it doesnt look like a bobber,, this looks like a bobber. It was my first fighter. Do wat makes u happy and fuck every body who doesnt like it. :beer:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice bike mate. You know how it is everything was fine until i asked the guy to give me a price on painting it, not that its ready to paint yet. but now every time i look at it i keep thinking the tail end needs to be higher maybe so the seat sits about a third of the way up the tank and i can get a bit of a angle on it. Is it easy to make a sub-frame?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Really depends on ur skill level. If ur gonna do a subframe or any bit of ur bike that is crutial to ur survival (lol) u gotta ask "DO I TRUST MY WELDS TO KEEP MY ASS OUT OF THE REAR TIRE" if u answer yes then easy shit give it a go. But if u answer no then maybe get some help or hoan ur skilz a lil first. Just my $0.02

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be a nut n bolt job first just a mock up then straight to a welder. i don't have any electricity in my garage i only have a little 2 stroke generator it won't run a welder. I would rather take it to a professional. I'm thinking its a two triangle thing one on top of the other bottom middle and top. the top is for the seat and plastic to sit on and the bottom and middle is just the sub-frame to attach it to the frame does that sound right?

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
It would be a nut n bolt job first just a mock up then straight to a welder. i don't have any electricity in my garage i only have a little 2 stroke generator it won't run a welder. I would rather take it to a professional. I'm thinking its a two triangle thing one on top of the other bottom middle and top. the top is for the seat and plastic to sit on and the bottom and middle is just the sub-frame to attach it to the frame does that sound right?
if you want something that doesn't involved welding
370steve said:
details: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67274&page=16

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks JP i'll have a look at your build mate. I like the idea of no welding hrdy and i can do that myself. its another couple of options i didn't think i had thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts