Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thread like this not too long ago, but i think it was lost when the server was having some issues. I'm looking to get some resources/links/suggestions back so i can start shopping again.

Since i am T minus 1 week from getting my nice big fat student loan... i need to go shopping for some back-to-school bike parts. :D

So im holding a contest for the resident posters at customfighters.com
Contest is: If you suggest a part, and i buy it....you get mad props when i get it installed :LolLolLolLol: .......and a nice thread with pics. . . . Maybe i can arrange to pay the admins here for some CustomFighters.com stickers to be mailed out to you too.

Here's what im in the market for.

1. Dual round headlights
2. Top yolk for riser bars
3. Riser bars (preferably Tag or Renthal, im open to anything though)
4. Steering Damper (one that fits the new yolk with riser bars)
5. Digital Cluster (nothing uber expensive $300-ish,) or a custom mounting bracket for the existing 900rr cluster (it sits too low right now)
6. Something else that is about $100-200, that im not thinking of...

Here is my blank (well i'd say half finished) canvas.

^^^see how low it sits? .....it's gotta come up for the new headlights, show more bare fork.

Should be enough pics to give me (or you) some inspiration....

Links/vouches/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Good luck on the contest :LolLolLolLol:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
haha, i thought I was the only one who did that.

I'd say headlights first.

your bike looks sic with the clipons, but it might look uber-mean with a set of risers and drag bars. just depends on what riding position your are goinng for.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
if your looking for a nice tripple clamp with risers and room for a damper (gpr ;) ) check out http://www.fullthrottleinc.net/

im very excited your going to get some round headlights on that piece. its gonna look so much better. if you get dual rounds, what size will they be??? im guessing 5" or 6" ?? i look thru piles and piles of headlights at work thinking of streetfighters all the time. we have an extra huge single round that i think is like 9" :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
oh and for the 200 part that you didnt think of yet.... its a belly pan fairing. these are harder to find tho.

www.whaccessories.com carries them tho. :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome , thanks a million.

the dual rounds will be smaller ones, to show more fork. Probably 5" each. I've seen larger duals, but i don't like the look at all.

how are gpr dampers? any good?

i will check all those links.

and yes, im happy to be ridding myself of the R1 headlight too.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
from all the research i did on dampers before, i found GPR is very good. Thats what i actually bought. i just havent mounted it up yet. that'll come at the end of this coming winter (ugh).

I also found one for REAL short money. cheaper than i can get at the motorcycle shop i work at including my discount, even with shipping! :D

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
929_adam said:
I also found one for REAL short money. cheaper than i can get at the motorcycle shop i work at including my discount, even with shipping! :D

One for me? :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
PhatRR said:
One for me? :LolLolLolLol:
let me find the paperwork that had the site name on it. it was seriously at least $100 cheaper than most places sale prices.

:D

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
umm..... please let me know. I'll totally make it worth your while....somehow....When im done school this year, I'll make my future employer make ProBono advertisements and free ad placement. :rock:

(small print) ummm, no garauntee on that.

seriously though, if you can russel that up, i'd be in your debt.....or a little less into my student debt. :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i cant find it right now. maybe i kept the reciept with the part.

meaning its in the bottom of my toolbox, and im not going out there until tomorrow. but i'll look in the morning for you.

it was some stupid sounding name like motorcyclepartsdirect.com or something like that. i'll find out tomorrow.

im gettin sleepy now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts