Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watcha reckon could this idea be acievable:

I'm currently rebuilding a moped as some of you know, and a thought came into my mind. The flywheel cover is busted and needs to be replaced, which gave me an idea to try to make an acrylic window to it.

The problem is that the cover hugs the flywheel REALLY close and the material isn't thick enough to make threads straight into it, so I'll be needing a riser collar. I don't have access to a machine shop but I had this crazy idea pop into my head thay what it I'd take an angle grinder, fab a brace for it from angle stock to make the cutting disc float around 8mm above a level surface, and slide the cover on the surface cutting the needed riser really carefully off the busted cover I now have? It wouldn't be cylinder head -plane level but it probly won't need to be, if there are shavings/ notches/ unevenness left to the collar I'd reckon it could be leveled by rubbing it against some sandpaper fixed onto a piece of thick plywood.

If I could pull it off I'd just need to find a collar flange for the plexiglass window or have one turned for me which would probly shoot the cost through the roof...

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind I already figured two better ways to do it.

·
V four honda whore
12,493 Posts
just wear gloves, thick ones

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D

The cover is plastic, new gameplan altogether.

·
Premium Member
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

They see me rollin.... they hatin... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts