Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see them lookig for ideas to fit a germaesque seat to a blade box or tube will have to be steel as i havent a tig just interested to see what others have done

·
10,743 Posts

German seat unit subframe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
looks awesome mate i cant tig weld so will have to be mild steel... but thinking of going tube 20mm o/d with a 2mm wall rose jointed ends the seat i have is very similair to the one you fitted here tbh
people tend to hate the german kicked up tails but its an itch that keeps coming back so i wont be happy until i build one ....and i have just bought this for a different bike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
this is another subframe ive had kicking around the back room for around 18 months so took the plunge and took a grinder to it to get it to fit the blade [or one of them]

have a few builds going at the moment
this is from a bmw s1000
r i have the subframe. seat unit seats pillion footrests along with the funky little light.... the sub frame sits 25mm further out per side at the top mounting points i got some 25mmx10 6082 alu strip and drilled a couple of holes i will bolt a 25mm round spacer to the mounting holes and profile the end of the new mounting tab so its round usin the spacer as a guide

seemed the only way to do it to me but cleverer folke may have other ideas ... try it back on the bike tomorrow then if alls good off to the alu welderer ,,,,,,,,,I cut the rails at 45 degrees so it has a taper from the new mounts to the old rails will cap the end and smooth it out

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh nearly forgot ime going to weld in a 3mm gusset plate either side of the rails where i cut them to add stiffness so its not just relying on the single weld

1 - 14 of 14 Posts