Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when building a one off bolt on subframe how do people usually weld the subframe side shut so they can mount it. weld a angle iron piece on the end of the square tube ? what if its round ? what do the factories use for end pieces. i know what they look like ive got a ton of bikes but how do they do it.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I believe the end piece slides into the tubing and then it's welded at the end. Where you would get something like that I have no idea.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
wheres FLINT??? :D

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
square tubing...you weld on a milled piece that is also square....same dimensions.... round tubing, you weld in a "plug" that most of has nearly the same OS, as the tubing ID.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
when building a one off bolt on subframe how do people usually weld the subframe side shut so they can mount it. weld a angle iron piece on the end of the square tube ? what if its round ? what do the factories use for end pieces. i know what they look like ive got a ton of bikes but how do they do it.
You weld in a piece that fits.

Rocket Science. lol jk

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well when i asked the question i didnt know. welding in a "peice thats fits" doesnt tell anything. and still doesnt say how to mount it.
but trav is right.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Mounting the subframe to the bike?

I was planning to drill holes and use a bolt and a nut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts