Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

281 - 300 of 325 Posts

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Drilled an tapped the holes for the oil lines

i would have tapped the hole for the oil restricter too..... but its fallen into a void and disappeared , bastard thing
i,m sure I ordered an SV clutch pushrod seal too.... MIA... and a few other bits, must be a missing box

tied the lines on to stop them fucking off

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
it would appear that I am in fact a moron, I do wish I had realised this fact before spending too much money on powdercoat

everything was great, then i noticed a lack of right hand lock .... Doh

it would appear the brace on the steering damper mount, that doesn,t restrict the steering does in fact restrict the steering....... oops

it would appear tomorrow will start with me grinding through said powder

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
so I ground away a chunk of the tube to give more steering lock, convinced myself it looked fine and eventually ended up inside watching WSB.

All the while my inner chimp is sat looking looking at me like I took a shit in the corner of his cage "not only did you make a howling cunt of it.... you are now willing to compound the cuntery by leaving it like that ? ..... you need to give your self a good talking to"

to be fair, he wasn,t wrong

after removing this much material the brace was doing fuck all except still restricting the steering and looking shit

so .... chop chop

how the very fuck I didnt pick up on this weeks ago I have no idea , i mean look at this, the tube runs right into the yoke

not to worry, I have a cunning plan

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
sorted out the boring top of the rear res pot

and made a call to see about getting a replacement for the eyetalian flag sticker from the tank cover

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
want to fit axle sliders ... spindle sliders just sounds funny ......

machine a hex to fit over end of spindle

nice n neat

then throw the wheel together to size up for torque arm

arm is drawn up, hopefully make it soon

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
friend popped by today with a box of Italian bling

trying to convince myself I don,t need a shorty lever for the clutch side , I was losing, but then realised i dont know how heavy the lever will be with the welded centre, so I will hold off

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
torque arm sorted out over the last few lunch / break times

fits just nice

new ends for the little brace piece

just needs the connecting piece made

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
what`s that round thingumabob with the slot for?

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
what`s that round thingumabob with the slot for?
where i chopped the tube, i want to replace it,so i will be fitting a bar between the two of them

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
Umm I was talking about the OTHER round thingy with the slot welded into the tube in front of the modified area, possibly a bracket for something? Does seem like and awfully inconvenient place to fit a shopping cart token :D

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
got the little bar machined up

it would have been better a little shorter, but not enough to bother re-making

and the holes better not on the same plane, but it,ll work

took sizes for lock stops too

quick mock up

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #296 (Edited)
not got a lot to show for this weekend, started the shed re-shuffle, which right now leaves me no room to work and limited access to tools

i did clean this up, its cover was damaged and the rust monster snuck in

it looks worse than it is, everything still moved and worked, its now rubbed down, sprayed and greased

sized up for the pot brackets, they,ll be nothing fancy, no offence to anyone who has them, but the super articulated cnc multi piece adjustable ones just look stoopid , IMO. I,m all for a bit of excessive engineering, but a line has to be drawn

CAD in action

the counterbore is too tight for the bolt on that clamp, its on my list

just noticed the rubber bleed nipple covers have the Acossatto logo moulded in, thats pretty cool

·
Registered
989 Posts
sized up for the pot brackets, they,ll be nothing fancy, no offence to anyone who has them, but the super articulated cnc multi piece adjustable ones just look stoopid , IMO. I,m all for a bit of excessive engineering, but a line has to be drawn
couldn't agree more, they just look unbelievably fussy. Like 90s motoguzzi rider fussy

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
cut out the Ti brackets for the res pots , 1/16 thick , bend them tomorrow

got the big table out of the shed, still have a proper mess, but now room to move

·
10,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
turned up the cover for the top bearing, ignore the holes, i reused an old piece of aloominum

tidies things up a bit

bits n bobs for res pots

nice n neat

much prefer the little pots

i should have pipe clamps somewhere :confused:

281 - 300 of 325 Posts