Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREAD: Sully's 1997 TLS Fight time

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN: HERE!

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
How much did those guages run?

do all the indicators work well?

does the rpm and mph work good?

How simple/difficult was the installation?

How long was the installation?

Thanks, good to see the twin that made it all happen.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
enrico vespa said:
How much did those guages run?

do all the indicators work well?

does the rpm and mph work good?

How simple/difficult was the installation?

How long was the installation?

Thanks, good to see the twin that made it all happen.
$350 for both pieces

indicators all work perfectly, LED's come on instantly so when shifting between 1st & 2nd you get a super fast flash of the neutral light, kinda cool actually!!!

RPM and MPH are extremely accurate speed double check'd with GPS , RPM double checked with stock gauges

Installation took me about 2 hours to do and is the simplest thing to do if you can read and know how to solder!!!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
$350 and youhave to switch back and forth from RPM to speedo? Ill take the $250 vapor setup and have it all on one screen or use the cheaper trailtech gauges

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I just went to their site. They have another version that I think I would get.

Veypor is not waterproof. Doesn't have all the indicators.

Vapor( a cheaper version), I witnessed the rpms stayed at 2k while the engine was reving at 7k. Yes it was connected properly.

There are some issues with Acewells that I have read with the gas light not working properly.

Alot of these aftermarket guages are lil iffy to working 100%. Good to see yours works well.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Dudad said:
$350 and youhave to switch back and forth from RPM to speedo? Ill take the $250 vapor setup and have it all on one screen or use the cheaper trailtech gauges

the gauges have an RPM bar at the top that is there all the time the bottom half of the screen can be changed to show speed, RPM in numerical read-out, time you have been riding, odometer, tripometer. The RPM bar is programmable to read 0-6000, 0-8000, 0-10,000, 0-12,000, 0-14,000, or 0-16,000 and it stays at the top of the display all the time no matter what. All 251 LED's on this thing flash at 5hz for a shift light as well where ever you program it to flash!!

I dont know about you but the veypor is not waterproof and is the ugliest set of gauges i've ever seen so i would'nt pay $50 bucks for it. Somethimes alittle form will outway alittle function !!!!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
To each his own, as long as you like it. To me it doesnt look like a $350 gauge set but I guess pictures must not do it justice.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Dudad said:
To each his own, as long as you like it. To me it doesnt look like a $350 gauge set but I guess pictures must not do it justice.

so size is what make the gauges worth the money and since these are tiny the must not be worth $20. If thats your rational then the Veypor should be like a $1000 dollars then because it's huge.

$350 was the total with shipping from Europe and insurance

The MotoScope mini is $189 and the MotoSign is $68, extra connectors were $12, shipping was $60 of that $350 total and paypal fees of $13 So go ahead and hate on my shit, I love them and your right thats all that matters!!

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
i think those gauges are fuckin cool man,they really clean up the front end,and hell even if their not todaly practical,who the fuck cares if we wanted practicality we wouldnt be fighterers:metal:

and besides that thing is so small you could mount it any where,i thin im gunna look into gettin one for the xt

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
oh bite me...nice rims...fucker lol

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
retail is $1640 i got in a group buy at TLZONE.net for $1225

Stock TL wheel weights for comparison:
front 10.28 lbs
rear 16.80 lbs

Carrozzeria V-Star ('07 model)
5 spoke Tri-Y with hollow window
front 7.8 lbs
rear 13.4 lbs

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
:wtf: well isn't that a fuggin punch in the nuts. sorry sully, i saw your post on the bastage that hit and ran. that really twists my sack when people pull shit like that. i concur your lucky on the damage.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Yeah i got lucky for sure, at least i just proved my sub frame and exhaust mounts are all strong enough as nothing happened to them at all.

Fuk'd thing is some old lady just hit and ran me in my Tahoe a month ago, i was in it when it happened and she still took off!!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
sully said:
so size is what make the gauges worth the money and since these are tiny the must not be worth $20. If thats your rational then the Veypor should be like a $1000 dollars then because it's huge.

$350 was the total with shipping from Europe and insurance

The MotoScope mini is $189 and the MotoSign is $68, extra connectors were $12, shipping was $60 of that $350 total and paypal fees of $13 So go ahead and hate on my shit, I love them and your right thats all that matters!!

Didnt say I was hating but I dont think they are hot shit either, and no I would not pay that much for them. I would rather just have my stock speedo/tach.......then again I cant afford to drop almost 1300 on a set of rims either. I guess when money is no object you buy whatever you want.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Dudad said:
Didnt say I was hating but I dont think they are hot shit either, and no I would not pay that much for them. I would rather just have my stock speedo/tach.......then again I cant afford to drop almost 1300 on a set of rims either. I guess when money is no object you buy whatever you want.
SPOKESPERSON FOR HATER-ADE FOLKS! :LolLolLolLol:

theyre nice rims for sure. and will spice her up a bit. too bad about the ignoramus knocking your bike over like that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts