Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll try and keep from copy/pasting too much from my thank you thread from FF08.

first let me say thanks to all that ante'd up and were able to get they're asses to carlisle, Pa for the 2nd annual FF at the bike show. i was completely ok with the shitty weather on friday inorder to get 2 near perfect days of weather on saturday and sunday. i still don't know how i will ever be able to take part in a group ride in my own backyard while you're all in town. hell, it is hard enough to get around and meet you and check out your bikes. Even though we sponsor the event, it is still "business" for us and need to keep growing our shop. which sucks for socializing but has to be done. (which makes a nice segway for my next comment)

i wanted to stress, to those that had or wanted to attend, we must support (financially) the website and all vendors related to fighters. without them, it would be impossible to put on an event such as this. i am not saying call me (Karns Performance plans on sponsoring FF for a long time), but more specifically if you need something please call those that advertise on the site, even those that don't, we need to show them that we need them around and can rely on us (collectively) to support them when parts are needed.

now back to our regularly scheduled program.......
friday, weather was threatening till about lunch when the "passing thundershower" turned into rain for the next 6 hours. woke up to a beautiful Summer day. things were very very slow to start at FF. seems the crew at the resort over celebrated and didn't get to the show till about noon. i was getting really worried when there were only 4 bikes under the tent when registration closed for the judged show. i figured more would show when they got they're asses up and rehydrated. and........ they did;). thanks to those that bucked up and entered the show. every one that won was well deserved. and after looking over the bikes, i noticed a few classes that will be added next year. the competition was just too close and made the decisions very hard this year.
after the show closed on saturday, i made my way to the resort for the best ribs. exquisite...... just like last year. i couldn't hang out too much but wanted to see the charity bike in the condition that it was in. well, all i can say is wow! this thing is going to be awesome. zach did a phenominal job on the trips. wheels look great, swinger definetly better after puttin the swinger on a diet. when done, this bike will.....will make the CF membership proud to have been a part of it.
sunday morning came early and to the show i went. sunday was a bit busier than i remember last year. but the one thing that was the same, was the somber "tone" (to me) of watching the fighter crew leaving one at a time as the show is in shut down mode. i will note it was amusing as hell watching roman toying about on his CR80/raptor 660 contraption. when he was down at our booth talking abit, he started it up and then pulled the lever on the triple, i asked "was that a decompression lever". he said "no, it's reverse, do you think i wouldn't keep that on it?" :LolLolLolLol:
next year, i plan on starting earlier figuring out how to make it better. things were discussed for this years event that never worked out. but maybe, that was more due to time issues and financial issues than "paperwork". you can bet next year will be more interesting. at least at the show. since you may not be welcomed back to the "inn" :LolLolLolLol:
i think next year, i will try and work with adam, miller (if he can get a little more unresponsible and get his ass here), & carlisle and try and get some sort of schedule of events for Fighters specifically on the itinerary.

and again, i want pics. i wanted them last year and nobody sent me any. i give MM a big thanks for being able to get high res images off her website. but i got no discs of full res pics in the mail last year. PM me your addy if you have good clear pics from the show/resort. i will send you a disc w/ a SASE to return ship.

my biggest regret? not being able to hang with the crew - at the show, resort, or ride. but i can't have everything.

thanks,

dan

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks nick, they all look great but the one that really stands out for clarity is the pic of the back fender on roman's TLR cafe'. truly great. i'll make a list up. if you think that email can handle it, you can do it that way otherwise i'll send ya a disc. cheers, dan

·
GURU
1,496 Posts

dont know if scraps appreciates that.

Reactions: 929_adam

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
bwahahaha. you fucker. i was trying not to smash into everyone as i quickly got into the shot before the camera went off. lol.

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
sure man.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Great photos!

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Dan, just gotta say thanks again for all the work you, and Karns, put into the even this year. I know everyone who was able to attend appreciated the effort. Its pretty awesome to be able to attend the only Fighter show in North America:rock:

Reactions: irwin

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Well at least my bike got in the group shot since I was off wandering around aimlessly at the fest when the pic was taken. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts