Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIGH.............................

no, the 1100 wasn't ready. after having it "ready" i was firing it up to put it on the dyno and test run it..we noticed pods leaking gas....fuking floats sticking. no time to pull the carbs. didn't take it.

and if i knew the weather would have been like it was i would have taken the strom. for sure. the track was being ridden. i wasn't. i know, i know, i'm a puss. i actually don't mind the rain. i honestly didn't want to get the beast fuked up and messy. i am pretty confident in my abilities it's the others that concern me and add rain and a wet track just compounds the issue. such is life.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Not riding in rain like that ain't bad on you. Lots of unknowns. I'd only it it out there in race tires. You can never see a puddle until you're faceplanted an inch from it..

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup, some tracks they don't ride in the wet but at beaver they do. there is good traction. and they weren't riding when those last few shots were taken but they were when it was just a steady rain.

3 of our guys had slicks and ain't no way they considered it. the one guy was his first time on the track and he got out and really liked it and is looking forward to a dry day.

the guy next to us was running a honda rs125 with rains and he was flying.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Yeah, it usually depends on the track and what kind of wet traction they have. I did a track day in the rain once...it was a good learning experience..makes it really easy to see/feel when the rear kicks out and what it will do.

I had done mine at Pocono....which for an overall crappy track, had good wet traction.....I actually got bumped up a group after that day.... the coaches were able to see who had control and who didn't. I guess I did.

Now Summit Main...that's got a nick name of Slippery Main for a reason. LOL

Better luck with your next outing.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
BOOO! THAT SUX MAN

oh well....wait so did you have to pay to sit there and watch it rain??

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

oh well....wait so did you have to pay to sit there and watch it rain??

yup, that was my decision. i would have definetly rode if i had the GSXR or STROM there or even Superbeast prior to the last buildup. i really don't mind riding in the rain. just don't want to risk being taken out or something.

and doug, summit does have a bad rap. but it really isn't that bad. very fast and fun track. with a nice layout. i don't believe NESBA runs it in the rain though. i do think that CCS and WERA run it in the rain.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Rain yuk! but with rain tires its not bad at all.

I crashed at Riverside raceway in So cal when it was open (In the rain) and thought I would never stop hydroplaining.

I went off the track through the mud flipped back on the track and slid some more.

It was actually pretty fun like a water slide... until I woke up after flipping a few too manytimes adn realizing I broke two fingers a toe and cracked my forearm near the elbow. But I raced in another heat an hour later.....then went home and suffred ha ha.

Rain tires, rain tires, rain tires from,now on. ha ha

Don't blame you for not wanting to ride super beast in that mess.

I had to qualify a month ago in the rain on new tires that were not scrubbed in, in the rain. It sucked donkey dick, man!

Hope your next outing is good weather then we can have some good action shots right?

NOTE: do not use rain tires on a dry track.. they melt....trust me on that one - opps ha ha :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts