Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my ZX12R because of my injury I could no longer ride it. I bought a Road King and I really enjoy riding it, but after the 12 it's a little slow....:LolLolLolLol:... So I was looking at a big bore kit for it hoping to spice things up a bit. Then I ran across a company that is developing a blower for my bike. The unit is small and at 13# of boost will make in the neighborhood of 135 rwhp. They say you can run 8# safely on a stock motor which will put it in the 100 - 110 hp range which is more than double stock.

I sent them an email and they say it will be ready early 2014 and will quote me a price then. If I don't have to sell my Grand Daughter to get one, there may be one in my future. I'm still planning on converting the Sporty into a Street Tracker so I won't be out of the game all together.....:thumbsup:

www.hdblower.com

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
WTF!!!!!!

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
I totally understand this.....I didn't really want to sell my GSXR but with the new XB in the stable the Gix was just sitting, not to mention it had already taken a heavy enough toll on my back after just 1 1/2 years, sometimes it's for the best

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: shotgun

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The deciding factor for me was I rode it to Lansing and back, about 70 miles. My leg and foot hurt so bad I could barley walk. As much as I hated to, I decided it was time to let to old girl go.

Reactions: eatabullet

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
^^^ Pussy ^^^^^

J/K
I've seen some cool mods come thru the shop. If I get a chance I'll get you some pics of the cleanest turbo set up I have seen (it's on a vrod)
v rods are bad ass. i dont care what anyone says

Reactions: Notyetafighter

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Blowers are awesome on any machine. I had a small blower on a very mild big block once and the torque and throttle response was amazing. The horsepower gains you mention are impressive, but forced induction does wonders for torque. Id be interested in a dyno chart of your torque numbers once its all dialed in!

The guys who ran blower cars at the track had a saying "If it ain't blown, it sucks " :rock:

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
I'm thinkin the numbers will look something like this...

103 peak hp @ 6800 rpm (per SAE J607)
84 ft. lbs. peak torque @ 6800 rpm (per SAE J607)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
boostin
304 Posts
a&aperformance makes excellent blower kits I would contact them about making you one, these hdblower guys are just starting out and have no cred you will be the test dummy.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are going to introduce it with price at the V-Twin Expo in Ohio early Feb. I'll check out the A&APerformance guys too. I think a Blower would be badass.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts