Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give one small survival tip ,and maybee an explation for keeping the shinny side up. Either traffic advive or bike set up. Anything related to keeping our Wonderfull members alive and safe.:party-smiley: Keep it short and tell a story in another thread please !!

As a habit or almost point of a nervis twitch push the turn signal button in, as to turn it off. Do it often !!!

It is easy to bump it on, or forget to turn it off.

·
Running in new tires. Yes treat them like you are riding in heavy rain with no sudden harsh acceleration or changes of direction for the first hundred miles...sure but give 'm a hand and cut the pussy-footing by buffing up the side profiles with a wire mop or a lil grit paper...works like a dream, no slippin or sliding unless you R-E-A-L-Y
want to...

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tuck your shoe laces into your shoes.

I don't think it wise to wear gymmers, but if you do , tuck your laces in !!

The first time you go to put your feet down at a light
and they are twisted up on your pegs, your bike WILL fall on your ass !! :wtf:

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ride with your brights on in the daytime :D

Make yourself as visable as possible !

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<<<<<< Always wear your helmet and gear :nuts:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i frequently switch up my road position from next to the yellow line to next to the white line.....so that cars coming onto the road from a sidestreet wont pull out into me where they think there is a gap between cars.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
enrico vespa said:
when you're on a hway and someone's behind you, I swerve side to side within the lane. They usually get the message and back off.

when im on the highway, everyones behind me, but noones on my ass!

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
um, right now ill add when passing lines of stopped traffic, dont go really fast by them because someone might be letting someone through and the "crosser" will assume both lanes are open and pull out in front of you

never assume anything

they dont see you i dont care what you think

the biker wave is unnescarry, when there were barely any bikes on the road, it was ok, but now that everyone has a bike, not that theres anything wrong with everybody on 2 wheels, but waving at every other person who only rides on a sunny weekend is a distraction... im have my life in my two hands, i dont need to say HEy GUYS!! with one of them.....

the other drivers are drunk.... you should assume they are, because you dont know who are.... and dont get in front of a driver who is harassing you if you pass em make sure you canget out of thier way

thats all i got now.....

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
+1 on the waving. your lucky if you get a head nod outta me anymore... more likely to toss up a wheelie if i see you coming.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
929_adam said:
+1 on the waving. your lucky if you get a head nod outta me anymore... more likely to toss up a wheelie if i see you coming.
and if your lucky theyll help you pick your bike up off the ground from said wheelie.:D

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
hmm i should contribute a tip here

-wear your gear or ill kick you in the nuts

-allways assume everybody else ont eh road is tryin to kill you and dont trust anything they do

-accept that by being on a bike your public enemy #1

-if on shityy roads(gravle),avoid the front brake

-remeber good lane positions

-LOOK WHERE YOU PUT YOUR FEET WHEN YOU STOP AT A LIGHT,PUTTIN FEET DOWN IN FRESH OIL IS NOT GOOD,IT HURTS

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Stay in a gear where you can slam it open and take off quick so that you can jet away from someone who's turning into you.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haelo said:
flash your brake light when you're getting ready to brake for a corner or something.

+1 .........Thanks guys these are good !!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts