Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Capsule
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any and all you have shared my taste for a naked fairing-less street fighter. My problem is simple. I have THIS

And i want close to this but red.

But im stuck at a $300-400 budget.

I prefer the square shaped headlight but they go for like $400. can anyone help with cool affordable choices?

respectfully, kanedasbandit

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Have you looked on eBay for headlights? There are several older models that use square headlights. Your goal should be attainable for less than $100 even with fork clamps/brackets to hold the light.

I think someone on here (can't remember who) has a square headlight from an older Honda they were selling cheap. Maybe they'll chime in.

Later, Doug

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
just take the plasteks off and cut all the tabs out for now and save more money for the long haul. its what i was doing.

Reactions: Spazpunk

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
I just finished my B6 for the winter. I will try to post pics up today. It is really easy to ditch all the fairings get a new light and mount and even get a fender eliminator all for under $300 easily ...

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
Capsule
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Could u do me a favor and reccomend a headlight and bracket set that will def work on my bike (1996 suzuki bandit gsf 600s)
and look good at the same time. im a huge cafe racer/ street fighter fan.
respectfully, kanedasbandit
All you need to know is what the diameter of your forks are, then you can pick which bracket you like that fits that diameter. Any of the rectangular headlights I posted the link to will work.

·
Capsule
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All you need to know is what the diameter of your forks are, then you can pick which bracket you like that fits that diameter. Any of the rectangular headlights I posted the link to will work.
how could i found outwhat diameter they are? i couldnt find anything online. would the brackets also hold the stock turn signals? this project seems to just get more confusing

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
how could i found outwhat diameter they are? i couldnt find anything online. would the brackets also hold the stock turn signals? this project seems to just get more confusing
Here you go, for finding your fork diameter: http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcycle-fork-diameter-chart/

As far as the turn signals go, you mean the black surface-mount ones you have on the fairings now? Yeah, you probably don't want to use those. Just get a pair of turn signals that bolt on. The same site has some nice ones. If the brackets you want to use already have holes in them, you're in luck...just use those holes. If not, just drill holes. It's not as hard as you think :)

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
Sell your fairing and use the funds to purchase a used light and brackets. I bet you'll be close to breaking even. I've seen cheap brackets for $15usd.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Grrrrr hang tight going out side now to take pics. You can do a nice job of headlights for next to nothing...... Be right back

Ok back. Now it might take some searching but after like 2 weeks of hunting I got my lights and turn signals for less than $150.

Now don't go getting confused. You are making this to be a WAY harder deal than it actually is. The 96 bandit 600 had a fork diameter of 41-MM. Now all you have to do is pick a light you like. then get brackets that will fit your forks. If you plan to use aftermarket signals and there are no holes in the light mounts for them you can easily drill a hole for them. As far as wiring it up it is pretty straight forward. Feel free to PM me at any time. If you need I will PM you my PH# so I can go over it with you. So don't get over whelmed we all had to learn at some point and this is yours. Good for you we look forward to helping people all we can. And wont make fun of you.

Reactions: Novtec_1 and Phoebe

·
198 Posts
Just start digging in and getting your hands dirty. A streetfighter is a custom built bike. So you are not going to find a lot of manufactured parts to build with. Streetfightering a bike is basically makin parts, using parts from other bikes etc.

I have a 2001 Bandit 600. Its got an exhaust can from a 2005 R6, headlights from wal-mart (cheap off-road lights work well), rattle can paint job, dirt bike handle bars and grips. Nothing I have put on my bike is a piece you could find to buy saying this will work on a Bandit. Just start reading people's build threads.

What are your fabrications skills?

·
Capsule
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here you go, for finding your fork diameter: http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcycle-fork-diameter-chart/

As far as the turn signals go, you mean the black surface-mount ones you have on the fairings now? Yeah, you probably don't want to use those. Just get a pair of turn signals that bolt on. The same site has some nice ones. If the brackets you want to use already have holes in them, you're in luck...just use those holes. If not, just drill holes. It's not as hard as you think :)
i found:
41 Suzuki GSF-600 ST/SV/SW “Bandit” (96-98)

Is this my same bike? (96 suzuki bandit gsf 600s?)

and if it is does that mean the forks are 41mm?

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i found:

Is this my same bike? (96 suzuki bandit gsf 600s?)

and if it is does that mean the forks are 41mm?
get a very near caliper and check. 41 sounds right but you never know what someones done

·
Capsule
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok i should of read the second page. 41mm got it ;) This is by far the most help i have gotten concerning my bandit. I guess the plan is choose fork brackets. find light. then find bolt on signals. am i wrong? and is there any way i might end up buying turn signals or a light that wont plug into the original wiring? also. much appreciated on the not making fun of me part. i just wanna ask the obvious questions so i don't end up spending all my gas money to ride the bike with! If anyone has links to suggested affordable choices i would be more than happy to consider them into my build.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,235 Posts
the link i posted above is for a cheap used rectangular light from a member here. the brackets can cost you a few dollars but there are cheaper alternatives to that too like the Home Depot clamps that a few members have used. turn signals can be had on the cheap all over the internet for $12 or less

·
Capsule
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok. tell me what u think. (durability vs price) i wanna come out on top so lemme know if ya think what i chose is to cheaply made or a good choice. especially the headlight i chose. will it be bright enough and will it look cool?

http://www.flyncycle.com/Streetfighter_Motorcycle_Headlight_Bracket_p/hlbazf-p.htm

http://www.flyncycle.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HLUTSF&CartID=1

http://www.flyncycle.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=122-0001&CartID=2

Its 140$ plus tax and s/h which i can handle in my budget. but will this be everything i need? and yes i realize the brackets will need holes for signals.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts