Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I've dropped my bandit couple of days ago in an unlucky accident (riding over a patch of ice not the best idea lol). While it only traveled maybe 2-3 meters sliding down the road I've broke my brake pedal, scratched headlight and crankcase. It seems like its also leaking oil from the spot outlined below (oil pressure take off point according to manual). So my question is how serious this leak is/could be and is there anyway to fix it cheap so it lasts for a week or two until I've got the money to pay for the proper repair.. Also I put a bit of oil there last night and today after 10 mile ride not a whole lot left.. Any input much appreciated, thx!

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
It looks like it ground through the cover. You might be able to clean it up real well and seal it with some JB Weld. But for a permanent fix, remove cover and have it welded up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
jb weld should last quite a while. my bandit has had a jb weld in the same spot for two years now. just pull the cover off so that you can make sure to clean it real well because any oil will cause the jb weld to start coming up

·
Registered
740 Posts
+1 for jb weld. As said making sure the surface is clean and oil free is critical to it being a good repair. With the bike on the side stand at least overnight (so the oil runs to the other side of the motor), clean the area real well with a degreaser like purple power, dry, and slap some JB over the hole. Let it sit 24 hours then you can sand off any excess or paint over it.

If you're not totally sure where it's leaking from, go to walmart and buy a can of cheap foot powder in a spray can. Clean up the suspect area, then hose it with the white powder. Take it for a ride and there will be a clear trail of where the power is wet from the leak. Follow it up/forward (wind blows leaks back).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts