Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So The harness I have does not have this for my katana. It's the little module with the red button. It seems as if suzuki loved this little thing, as i'm finidng it in a ton of fiches for other bikes. Being Mr. Cheap as possible, but within reason, I was wondering if it would be all the same if I just wired an inline fuse in place of the breaker instead of paying $30-$40 for a new breaker.

Has anyone done this, or does anyone know of the amperage of these breakers?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Can't hurt to try....

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but getting the correct size fuse matched up with the same size breaker is the issue as I do not know and cannot find the amperage that actually trips it out.

I'm still looking, but I think I may just need to buy the breaker.

G

·
Ok do you mean the breaker is missing or was never fitted to your model ? it could be either !

let me know & I can advise :)

G

·
Ok that is your main fuse for the older model wiring with a black almost oval holder?, from memory its 30 amp (but please check)

You can wire an inline fuse onto those wires (red from memory) I have used blade type ones a few times & with a blade type fuse holder you can get yourself a push to reset fuse if you wanted (similar to household ones but 12v) the only other option is a stock one from ebay but how good they will be by now is anyone's guess

Later models used a 30 amp main fuse on the starter solenoid but ive never looked at wiring one of those in to an older harness so cant say more

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I've been searching everywhere and cannot find the breaker by itself on eBay. The old gsxr oilers used them, some older cruisers and the katanas all used them for a long time. Just seems to be one of those things that never needed to be replaced, so there's no info that I can find.

Do you remember how you got the info for how many amps the breaker would be made for? I don't know anything about amps or watts or voltage. I'm just muddling through as best as possible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts