Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
VVItapdatassVV
292 Posts
Man, never let not having any money stop you from doing a build.
I did a Yamaha XS400 bobber build last year, traded a set of clip-ons and rearsets for the bike, attacked it with a cut-off wheel, a grinder, a welder and $6 worth of spray paint and that fooker looked good when I was done, it was last registered in '89, one of those barn find bikes.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
My GS700E tariff beater.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I bought this for $50, Got it running (not very well) started the cafe thing and sold it for $250 2 months ago. Cause I just dont have the money to make that what I wanted to... Still active on thegsresources.com

It was a 78 GS550E last registered in 1988 :)

This ^^^^^^^^^^^ floats me boat!

Full flat out streetfightah hart ofa lion! One day Shorty you will bild tha bike of yer dreams lad!

·
Tha Killa K
1,555 Posts
Does anyone have any additional info on this bike? I think this is about the coolest old school bike I have ever seen. I would love to see what the exhaust looks like on the other side and is the rear swinger a custom deal?

Just awesome........I need a new pair of pants
Here is a bit on it, scanned it from one of my Classic Motorcycle Mechanics issues. And hell yes this GS is bitchin.

·
fail-o-matic
3,913 Posts
^ this.... except that tail makes me think of this

·
1,152 Posts
That bitch looks like its ready to do work!!!
Down and dirty with a dent in the tank, love it!!!!:rock:
Sick bike, Love the old 1100Es. I would clean up that tail also though!!:)

·
complete asshole
898 Posts

rearset and heel gaurds are mounted now. seat has foam and tail light/tag bracket is sorted

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts

rearset and heel gaurds are mounted now. seat has foam and tail light/tag bracket is sorted
Phew, I'm so glad to see you braced that hard tail more than what was in the last pic, that one just scared me.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
My GS700E tariff beater.
The inspiration for my GS.

Plan for mine as I gather parts:
Inverted front end
3spoke front wheel
3spoke rear wheel, moving up to a 160 tire
Busa swingarm
4-2-1 exhaust, pods, & jet kit
Veypor gauges
Dirty bars
... and then a sidecar :)

aw heck I'll throw a pic in of my bone stock $75 GS750E when she came home. All I've done since is throw on dirty bars.

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
GS like this for half a summer....

and now working on this...Same bike.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts