Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to start off by letting you know that I have no mechanical experience but am going to give it a try along with my Haynes Manuals & a little help from you guys here :). The bike that I have is worth more to me then to sell her for peanuts so have decided to StreetFighter her as I like the idea to learn & to have a bike that I have made my own. It's going to be a long process & will take some time as I dont have alot of dosh & time but am willing to do it right & get bits as & when I can afford it so not looking to have it done in a month or two. I have inmind what I would like to do with it & finding new shiny parts as I go on & ebay stuff & will post what I find etc below.

It's a 1999 Suzuki SV650s

Im planning on keeping her Blue & everything else flat Black & or shiny black. Taking off all fairings. Either making her a one seater bike (Chopping rear end off or with a seat cowl). I would like to IF I can is to add the rear from a 2004 SV. This is all that I have for the moment & will add images & ideas & parts as & when.

Thanks guys & let me know where to start & what are your ideas. All suggestions & opinions welcome.

Want to get these

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Welcome aboard!

It looks like you have a good sense of what you want done.

Take your time and make it how you want it.

Start a thread in the build section when you get started so we can all follow along

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
yeah looks good man, you can do this, like mike said. Patience and never be afraid to ask a question. The community here is very friendly and really, really like to help.

And Mikeguyver is also very versed on the sv650 - among other things.

Enjoy and look forward to the build

·
10,849 Posts
Why adorn it with mass produced pressed steel with SV650 everywhere? The hugger closes up the rear end rather than opening opening it up, less is often more and dominator lights are shocking.

Do some research, build a cool bike, don't just just do an eBay drive by. Plenty folk on here willing to share their experience

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys I really appreciate the advise & will keep you posted on how the builld is looking. Today I have taken the rear panels off & front Fairings. Im planning on getting a second hand subframe or have one made for me as I was told not to do it to the original. This bike does have potential to be a nice Streetfighter even tho she is like 16 years old. She doesnt hang around. she is still as quick with most 650's out there.

yantosh, I have only posted items that I have found so far & am shopping for maybe smarter parts. I like the idea to actually show off that it is a SV650 with the chrome stuff. The rear hugger closes up the rear wheel like you said yes, but if I change my mind & go with the chrome guard, I think it will also look smart with the swingarm repainted flat black with some sort of decal. All I have is ideas atm. if I spot anything on here that I think ''I'll have that instead''. Thanks aswell for the info of asking on here. I will bear that in-mind pal :)

Cheers guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why adorn it with mass produced pressed steel with SV650 everywhere? The hugger closes up the rear end rather than opening opening it up, less is often more and dominator lights are shocking.

Do some research, build a cool bike, don't just just do an eBay drive by. Plenty folk on here willing to share their experience
100%.

Had a few SV650. Faired / Naked / carb'd / injected.

They are nice little budget bikes.

What you are talking about is turning it into a naked one and bolting the same off the shelf bits as a several 1000 others. OK if that's what your happy with but could be so much better, dominator lights are poor and have been done to death, they are a bit of a joke amongst many builders.

Putting 20 labels on your bike to remind you what it is doesn't float my boat, but each to their own.

Love the dash / clocks. I used a similar KOSO one on my 1400. A quality bit of kit and not rocket science to set up. They aren't cheap but I recommend KOSO.

Don't take my comments to personally, I agree with Yan but that doesn't make us right.

Love the little SV, a good place to start from.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate ,GL with yer project.I have them same blinkers in black(look pretty good) Used ta use dominaters but am getting a different look going as of late here .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the info Tony. I will bear all this in mind. This is why I have joined this site to get some wise info from you lot. This is all useful. Im going to start by making the front end first & work towards the rear of the bike. The dominators ai think are ok but havent found any I like as of yet. When I getbto the point of what I want to streetfighter, I will post on here to see whats about. Thanks Robsroadeater. Am at the beginning stages atm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts