Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a rear seat for my SV 650 as well as a Suzuki SV650 Rear Passenger Pegs and Brackets. I checked eBay and there isn't much I was wondering if there other sites I should check or if there are other seats or brackets from other bikes I could use

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input! I actually already checked SVRider. Nothing a poor college kid can afford. I got a seat from a local motorcycle shop. One of the mechanics had just chopped his sub frame and no longer had any need for a back seat so he sold me his for 10 bucks. Cant beat the price! Going to start looking for a Monster seat and possible subframe for my winter project. (When you live in Michigan you only get a couple weeks of summer before you have to put your bike away for winter again!)

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
FUUUUCK! I just tried to explain all this to you and I hit a wrong key and it erased all of it. MOTHERUCKER. Youre not gonna just find a Monster subframe. Theyre almost all welded on to the Duc frame. Youre gonna ned a custom subframe, Monster seat, seat latch and hooks to hold the seat in the front. I was able to use most of my SV subframe, had it chopped up and mounted the seat to that. Check out my 2012 Winter buildoff thread for my SV650 and youll see what I mean. I used the stock SV subby cause it already had the right frame mounts and I was even able to use the seat mount brackets and welded it up to the bracket that mounts to the gas tank.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and well talk. Dont forget to check out my build thread. Its not the best Monster subframe Ive seen, but Ive seen worse. Good luck duder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks @Jacstand Johnny! Just skipped a class to read through and take some notes on your build! Sick job BTW! I wish I was better with bikes and using my hands. How did you learn how to do everything? It looks like something that I might be able to do this winter with two of my friends that ride up here. I wish i had the balls to completely take my bike apart!

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Hey thanks a lot man. It always makes me feel warm ad fuzzy inside knowing I helped keep someone from bettering themselves with a formal education. How did I learn how to do it? This forum. This forum and other than that the SV was my first full build. I just took my time and went for it. It was on the brink of being overwhelming at times but my best advice to you is dont just tear the entire bike down at once. Take apart he rear end some time. Then the front end another time. Stuff like that.

when you look at a bike in a modular sense and break it down into several smaller sections it really puts things into perspective when you go for the full rebuild. Instead of thinking "Fuck me I gotta take this entire bike apart" you say to yourself " Frame, front end, rear end, engine, bodywork, subframe." I hope that makes sense. As for knowing what to do, I fuckin panicked about 7 dozen times. I made bout 800 threads here asking for help, I had members here that I met in person help me out and hold my hand the whole fuckin way and owe about 70% of what I know to this forum and the people in it. Another 20% I got from SVRider.

You'll quickly learn how fortunate you are to have this community around to help you out dude. I had about a dozen really good dudes here to teach me. Some arent here anymore cause they left for different reasons but some are still around. So like I said before man if you have any questions about your SV or whatever than dont hesitate to send me a PM. I'm more than happy to do it. I may even have some parts for you at some point. I gave a shit ton of my SV parts(almost all of them) to Crystal Skull when I sold Him my bike but I still have a couple spares and Im usually buying parts I end up not using lol. Another thing thats really important since Im in the topic of free parts. A lot of guys have come here, found out people here are more generous than most forums and try to take advantage. Please dont be a dick and just stick around trying to get free shit from people left and right. We catch on fast and respect goes a looong way here. If you really need something and we like you, you will usually get taken care of. If you never repay the favor and never go a little out of your way to give to others it really pisses people off and I get more pissed off than most and will let you know it. XOXO, Jackoff Johnny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts