Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do some exhaust similar to this pic on my bike. I'm wandering if I should you the factory y pipe or make one or maybe somebody makes what I need. All helpful input is welcome. Thanks

Attachments

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
A wonderful looking SV650 with a full custom exhaust in order to tuck the M4 that far underneath and still have some length to the pipes.

I love the above referenced bike and have tried to find more information about it. I have the build thread around here somewhere on SVRider and have attached two more pictures for reference. The first is the bike with the stock cut down, the Y pipe ends under the rearset and doesn't leave much room for a can to be tucked under the engine. The second is a close up of the exhaust and you can easily see that who ever put the exhaust together meant it to match certain lines and have a certain length.

Attachments

G

·
yup it looks custom & I guess the reason for that other than looking good is that the SV is not very tolerant of alterations to the tuned length of the secondary pipes

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
A wonderful looking SV650 with a full custom exhaust in order to tuck the M4 that far underneath and still have some length to the pipes.

I love the above referenced bike and have tried to find more information about it. I have the build thread around here somewhere on SVRider and have attached two more pictures for reference. The first is the bike with the stock cut down, the Y pipe ends under the rearset and doesn't leave much room for a can to be tucked under the engine. The second is a close up of the exhaust and you can easily see that who ever put the exhaust together meant it to match certain lines and have a certain length.
def super nice work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea Casper I got that pick from your build thread. I wish I could see the underside of the bike. I talk to a guy at a local exhaust shop and we are going to attempt it when the muffler gets here.

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
Jeez that's pretty work... I love it, and I normally only like high-mounts. :D
Hope you can work something out, DHall... Post pictures if you do!

I'm guessing you can get something configured to be the right length for this for not a crazy amount of money... But it won't look fancy like this guy's.
Personally... If you just want it the right length for the slip-on, stock headers are only like $65 on eBay, and less if you can find one locally on Craigslist... I'd say grab a grinder and a welder and maybe some steel tube (though if you cut up what you cut off, you might get away without that), and attempt surgery on yours. :D
Unless your bike is your source of daily transportation... In which case nevermind, maybe wait and buy a used header and hack it up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the bike is mostly my only form of transportation.. I can start a build thread i reckon. I plan on going all out on this bike, Sssa, maybe ducati front end already got a Daytona 675 tail section otw..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts