Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been browsing through the build pages for a few days, and decided to sign up. I'm planning on ditching the fairing and doing some paint work on my '02 SV, pretty mild compared to some of the builds I've seen on here.

And because every thread needs some pics

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome aboard Jakey Poo!! NIIIICE ride & you're right....she'll be so much sweeter when she 's naked! ;)

Reactions: Whiplash

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome. Hey, I used to be an SV rider from Oregon too! Had a copper 03. Now I have a Z1000 and got stationed in North Dakota. Love the Z, hate the state. Enjoy all that beautiful riding at your doorstep. You'll miss it if you move!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcom in 'POO' ~ sounds lika shaolin monk name!

gald yer withus fer sure :robssmilie:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! My next step of making her nekkid is to find a headlight and bracket, I've already got some bars, a naked triple, and cables.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I've got a bit more done, I just went with a $20 headlight to stay legal until I can find something more permanent. I've got a Vapor on the way to take care of the speedo /tach. Also mounted up a belly pan that I had laying around for like 5 years.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
WElcome amigo. Fellow Oregonian here. I have a Vapor as well. Love the gauge. Get a decent headlight as soon asyou can though amigo. That one is crap not only in looks but in light output as well. I'm sure you'll be hearing that here quite a bit. What part of our beautiful state are you in? Love the SV's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Little bit of an update, got a decent headlight mounted up, threw on some white vinyl tape (will finish that next time in the garage,) next up will be figuring out a way to permenantly mount my brake resevior, and then spring and emu install.

Oh and I live in Forest Grove, so the metro area.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Looks great & I really like the headlight too. :D

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Finally stumbled across ur intro thread, welcome bro!

Glad ya got a good light, we got too many critters running around here at night to be runnin crappy lights, when you go to mount ur brake res. I think I heard it doesn't have to be above the lever once it's primed and bled it'll draw the fluid even if it mounted lower than the master cyl.

And ya gotta do somethin about that exhaust can, it's huuuuuge:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And ya gotta do somethin about that exhaust can, it's huuuuuge:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The chicks dig it haha.

Yeah I thought the one mc I was getting from you was different, but no worries, I'll probably get the mount figured out tomorrow. Then it'll be on to the mount for thr vapor.

Today I finished up the white stripe, it looks good from about 5 feet away, its just temporary anyways. Still playing around with paint ideas.

Couple progress pics:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts