Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

those who saw my half finished fighter project from last year, well im getting back on it and really working to have it 100%. i recently bought another sv from JHS- it was on ebay for abit and i bit the bullet and bought it. has OZ racing wheels and lots of engine work. High comp pistons,re-profiled cams, lightened and balanced crankshaft, bored out throttle bodies etc. so my plan now is to swap over the bits from my old bike (silver) to the JHS bike (black)

so my first problem i need help with is this: how or what do i need to fit a gsxr1000 k4 front wheel to a gsxr1000 k7/8 fork set.seems to be about 8mm movement of the wheel on the spindle.i just dont know the exact spindle width to make the correct spacers.

problem 2:
i need to put my TL1000r front wheel in the gsxr1000 k4 forks. different spindle needed??

any help is great.

here are some pics

here is how the bike was end of last year

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...eetfighter.jpg

and now this is my half worked on old sv (silver) and the newly purchased sv (black)

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...123_162006.jpg

and started swapping bits over now

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...1_171229-1.jpg

loving the OZ wheels. heres the front OZ and the old TLR wheel that i was gona use in the streetfighter sv

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...130_173839.jpg

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
None if the pics work

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
Hi All,

those who saw my half finished fighter project from last year, well im getting back on it and really working to have it 100%. i recently bought another sv from JHS- it was on ebay for abit and i bit the bullet and bought it. has OZ racing wheels and lots of engine work. High comp pistons,re-profiled cams, lightened and balanced crankshaft, bored out throttle bodies etc. so my plan now is to swap over the bits from my old bike (silver) to the JHS bike (black)

so my first problem i need help with is this: how or what do i need to fit a gsxr1000 k4 front wheel to a gsxr1000 k7/8 fork set.seems to be about 8mm movement of the wheel on the spindle.i just dont know the exact spindle width to make the correct spacers.

problem 2:
i need to put my TL1000r front wheel in the gsxr1000 k4 forks. different spindle needed??

any help is great.

here are some pics

here is how the bike was end of last year

and now this is my half worked on old sv (silver) and the newly purchased sv (black)

and started swapping bits over now

loving the OZ wheels. heres the front OZ and the old TLR wheel that i was gona use in the streetfighter sv

test...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys.will be beefy when finished.gona have engine out and painted too and all the tank tail etc painted gunmetal grey too.

thanks johnny for the link, it help.

think my problem is that i have TLR yokes on the bike which are wider than gixxer yokes so will need to make spindle spacers and disc spacers too.not ideal but think it will only be 7mm shared on both sides of the wheel.but its a small price to pay for the OZ wheels on them forks.

a few pics from last year so imagine the bike with cooler wheels,black frame,paint job,braced swingarm,r1 cut down cans. sound good???

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Wait I'm confused. If the black Sv ( the one you're stealing everything off of) has that beefy front end already fitted with the oz wheels on it why don't you just swap that whole front end over to your silver SV? Wouldn't that make your life 100000000 times easier?

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Wait I'm confused. If the black Sv ( the one you're stealing everything off of) has that beefy front end already fitted with the oz wheels on it why don't you just swap that whole front end over to your silver SV? Wouldn't that make your life 100000000 times easier?
lol...

Better question. If the black bike has the better forks, better motor, and an already black frame.... Why are you swapping anything onto the silver bike?

Or am I completely lost here? :nuts:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
^^+1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah sorry,its probably me being confusing. the black sv will be the finished fighter, all im taking from the old silver sv will be the k8 forks and the r6 tail. so i will have the black bike with tuned engine,oz wheels,k8 forks etc.

made some 3.5mm width spacers to try on the spindle, then just need to work out how much i need to space the discs off the hub.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will get the silver one put back together and sell it to fund me buying this black one.I was only looking for a throttle cable on eBay and ended up buying another bike.lol.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I was only looking for a throttle cable on eBay and ended up buying another bike.lol.
unfortunately, that sounds way too familiar :doh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks guys.will be beefy when finished.gona have engine out and painted too and all the tank tail etc painted gunmetal grey too.

thanks johnny for the link, it help.

think my problem is that i have TLR yokes on the bike which are wider than gixxer yokes so will need to make spindle spacers and disc spacers too.not ideal but think it will only be 7mm shared on both sides of the wheel.but its a small price to pay for the OZ wheels on them forks.

man i gotta know what headlight that is on the black bike . I've been searching for hours now. looks awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts