·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I've got those bolts

To replace those two. They were way to long and I didn't like it

Also found those led lights I had. Cut it, test it, working

Fited

Bought a new led flasher. Replaced the damaged and finaly. The indicators are working. Problem two solved.
@MikeGyver I believe it's safe to buy those led lights. Better late than never :D
Here is a short video with the indicators running

https://youtu.be/zPRmePy6o1E

I've sold headers and mufflers so now there is not way going back.
I've found a guy how's selling his bike and he might sell to me his headers separate.
If not I will get the bike to raceteck - a local workshop and fabricate for me new headers.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Finaly I've got two mufflers in my hands.
Not those I've ordered. I'm still on the negotiations with the seller.
The other mufflers, was a custom order at the logos, for left and right fitment.
I will use those mufflers temporary and send the bike tomorrow to build the headers.
I will replace those when I get the mufflers I want.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Tried four times to clear coat it but I always get those bubbles at the midle of it.
Don't know what is the fault. Any thoughts are wellcome.

Fited the hanlebars. I don't like the look and the ride position. I will replace those later.
Red brake reservoir caps and swing arm spools arrived. Fitted too

Still waiting a red axle nut, red brake line clamp and red levers guards to arrive.
Fited the cover and sent the bike for the headers.
I should have it back next week.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Exhaust is ready and done

The left muffler disassembled, flipped over, assembled and now the logo is visible at the outer side

Finaly received the steering dumper

At the left side is an aluminium adaptor to bolt the steering damper mount on the frame.
At the right side is an aluminium spacer to bolt the steering dumper to the triple tree.
In the middle is a steel muffler bracket

Powder coated black

And fitted

Took the bike for a ride. I still waiting some parts to arrive. Make a new seat cover. Tune the ECU....
But, I can ride it untill then. It's summer after all

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
It's realy loud but that it's not a problem for me. I should make a video clip.
My problem is that my cloths catch a smeel from the exhaust...
Spoke with guy who fab the headers why is this happening and he told that I should tune the ecu.
Too rich AFR causing this and same problem facing the FZ6 owners after they upgrade the stock to aftermarket muflers.
I need to spoke to a friend who can tune my ecu to confirm that.
If this won't solve the problem I should move the muflers to the side os the bike...

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
they're blowing into the low pressure pocket that your body is making.. so theres a cloud just sitting there the whole time.. same thing happened to me. tuning might help but might still be a problem depending on what you wear while riding.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,353 Posts
My guess is the exhaust will always make your clothes smell a little since it doesn't have a catalytic converter, but it shouldn't be horribly offensive. Is it running really rich right now?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,563 Posts
I would cut out that whole mid pipe and mount the twin cans under engine... y'know, if you're trying to rework it. Bike is looking amazing Leroy.

Reactions: Leroy
181 - 200 of 200 Posts