Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
I had lost my motivation the last days to DW. Waiting for parts to arrive with out luck.
First connector for the headlights harness, lost on the way. The seller sent a second one. I haven't recieve it too.
Decided to use an MTW 9 way I had. OEM connector is 6 way. But, I don't care any more.
You can see the burned connector at the first page and the MTW replacement at the second one

Now I'm waiting to recieve the LED flasher relay so I can make the indicators to work.

Also I've got another mail received. Stickers graphics for a chiniese NK motorcycle.
Found those at Aliexpress. Was cheap. Decided to give it a shot.

Those are reflecting stickers. The red looking nice under low light. The white are way to bright for my taste.
choosed some of them that I could fit with the lines of the bike.
Not sure if I'm going to keep them, not sure if I've overdo it :D

Still waiting a lot of parts to arrive, but the most important thing is the muflers. Paid for 5 days shipping and is over two weeks and haven't show up yet.
First thing I'll do if I recieve them, is to get the bike to a friend to fabricate for me new headers

·
10,946 Posts
That looks unreal mate. The only part I can pick I don’t think suits is those mufflers.
Great job. What’s it like to ride?
mufflers in the mail :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Wow, she’s beautiful! Love the lines of it with your bodywork on there! Good blending of dif parts to get the nice lines and angles that you’ve got! She’s a beaut. :metal:

...I think the stickers look shit though. Just my .02, tell me to stuff it. :woops:

Reactions: Leroy

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Thanks bonehead. I haven't test it on the road that's true. The only test I've got so far is static on the race stand.
Me and friend at the pillion. He's weight is 90 kilos. Jumping with the hands in the air like you just don't care! :dance3:

I haven't fancy tools to design and test the subframe. The first atempt was a aluminium 1190 subframe but before I start to chop it, I had a conversation with my welder. We ended to the 899 steel subframe cause it was safer to work on it. I shaped and tucked the bits of it, but everything made under his approval and welded by him. He owns a 40 years business so I'm confident that's it safe. :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
I had a rear master cylinder from a KXF with integrated fluid reservoir but It needs a rebuild
Bought a kit and it's ready. Trying to air bleed but with out luck. Will try again later

Bought some carbon fiber cloth fot the bottom tank cover.
Cured, trimed and test fited. My first ever attempt with carbon fiber.
I hope that some prepping and clear coat will make it look better

Also received a pair of MT radiator side covers

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
The KXF rear master cylinder is ready. No mater what I've done to bleed it, I've make it when I cracked the banjos
It was good that I've read The HyperRetard! thread @mcantar

Also made the mounts for the radiator panels.
I had two aluminium pieces from a hard drive enclosure. 2mm thick is just fine.

Chopped and fited

Bolted to the radiator

Instaled the panels

The side panels mounts, KXF master cylinder bracket and a new bracket for the rear view monitor (Will take later pictures for it) powder coated and in the oven

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Here is the screen instaled with a hand guard mount.
Glued 2 bolts on the screen and bolted on the mount.
Is steady as a rock

Finaly I've decide to paint the radiator covers and fit

Did the wiring to power up the screen and camera
A voltage regulator MC7812CT with a heatsink installed to ensure that I will have constant 12V on the components

A tail tidy installed and thats were the rear view camera will stay

The led indicator flasher arrived but it didn't working.
Sent an email to the seller. Waiting for his response.
New handlebars, steering damper and mufflers probably lost on the way.
It's already over 2 months that I'm waiting. Time for plan B

161 - 180 of 201 Posts