Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What swing arm should i use on my cb360? I'm starting from a bare frame and building up so i need some ideas. what would be my best option.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
A CB360 swingarm should fit...:D

Seriously though, are you wanting a modern looking swingarm, a cafe racer inspired piece, etc? Typically the frame width and pivot setup dictates what is easily used and available.

Later, Doug

Reactions: Racing Geek

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am asking because I can get a cb400 tank and swing arm with all the attachments for $50. I'm needing to know if it will fit before I spend the money.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
It should fit. If it doesn't it won't be hard to make it fit.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
You've got a lot of threads going asking what parts you should use for this and that. I'm fine with telling you what I think you should use but then you're building my bike and not your bike. Do some image searching and find some bikes YOU like and then feel free to post asking what parts were used if you can't find the info. The other thing is you aren't mentioning what style of build you want to do. You mentioned cafe in this thread after someone had to ask you but even then are you going modern cafe with usd forks and monoshock rear suspension but older bodywork or are you doing vintage cafe with standard forks and plain tube swingarm? The other thing is nobody knows what kind of skill you have or what kind of tools you have at your disposal. It wouldn't do much good for us to suggest swingarms that have a pivot 40mm wider then your frame if you have no way to do that kind of surgery or for us to suggest a monoshock swingarm if you don't have the know how to make a monoshock setup function properly on your bike. I don't mean to sound like a dick but it is your bike not ours. You should have some idea of what you want so tell us and we can help you get there.

My 360 build used a cbr f2 front end, fzr deltabox swingarm, dual shocks, xs650 front wheel with ducati rotor and brembo caliper. That was most of the big changes.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I agree with RG, the best parts making shit fit that shouldnt. My cafe build is a cluster fuck of stuff. Frame is mainly gs250, front wheel is crf450, rear wheels rm250, swinger is cbr250, rear shock is R1, front end is either going to be ducati, gsxr, or 100% custom and engine I am trying to find a thumper for it like a yzf or crf450x motor.
Its all about CUSTOM man, make it your own

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
O yea I'm building a cb400t for my wife so if you don't use that tank ill take it off your hands

And RG is right and I said the cb400 swing arm might fit but it wouldn't take much if if doesn't fit . There really isn't any difference between the cb360 swing arm and the cb400. Not trying to jump on the dick bandwagon just saying it's probably the same swingarm. If you're interested I have comstar rims that'll fit you're bike if you're interested I'll sell them for cheap because I'm want spoked wheels on my cb400.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am building a cafe bike. Plans are xs650 engine, cbr600rr forks and brakes, I am getting a cb400 tank that im going to do a little work to, i cant do fiberglass work so im going to have someone do my body and seat, led rear taillight and blinkers molded into the body, carbon fiber wheels made for an cbr600rr. Color is up in the air. And i cant do a lot of metal fabrication work but my friend is helping and teaching me as i go. So if a cb400 swing arm doesn't fit im willing to look for a different one that's better. I have time so its not like i have to buy the cb400 one. Im going with dual shocks like the original had but better.

·
10,448 Posts
I am building a cafe bike. Plans are xs650 engine, cbr600rr forks and brakes, I am getting a cb400 tank that im going to do a little work to, i cant do fiberglass work so im going to have someone do my body and seat, led rear taillight and blinkers molded into the body, carbon fiber wheels made for an cbr600rr. Color is up in the air. And i cant do a lot of metal fabrication work but my friend is helping and teaching me as i go. So if a cb400 swing arm doesn't fit im willing to look for a different one that's better. I have time so its not like i have to buy the cb400 one. Im going with dual shocks like the original had but better.
Carbon Fiber wheels?? XS650 engine??

You're going to spend over $2000 on wheels and then use a 40+ year old frame and a 30+ year old engine?! Oh and a 600rr rear wheel won't fit in a cb400 swingarm. I'm not sure if you're joking or serious. Either way this is entertaining.

:LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carbon Fiber wheels?? XS650 engine??

You're going to spend over $2000 on wheels and then use a 40+ year old frame and a 30+ year old engine?! Oh and a 600rr rear wheel won't fit in a cb400 swingarm. I'm not sure if you're joking or serious. Either way this is entertaining.

:LolLolLolLol:
see thats why i ask questions.....

·
10,448 Posts
To prove I'm not a dick here is a photo of the bodywork I was planning on making and then one of how the bike sat before I parted it out.

That F2/F3 front end pictured above was a direct bolt on. Same bearing sizes, same stem length, literally take the stock front end off and bolt the new front end on. I think I used VTR clipons. I don't remember what the shocks are from but that info along with how to make the shocks fit the frame and FZR swingarm is all in the build thread.

Here are the swingarm swap pics. It was a few years ago so I don't remember all the measurements off top of my head. Do a search for threads started by me with CL360 in the title and you'll find the build thread. Jump towards the back to see most of the progress.

The rear axle width is the exact same. The pivot is a little wider like the one pic shows but narrow the pivot of the swingarm the same on each side to get it down to 200mm so it fits the 360 frame with the stock fzr swingarm dust caps installed. You can use the stock 360 swingarm pivot bolt and the FZR bearing race if you buy a steel tube to make up for the difference in diameter. I don't remember what size off hand. It's probably in the build thread. The last picture shows the chain run needed with the bigger FZR swingarm. The pink line is the stock 360 swingarm, the white is the FZR swingarm, the red is the stock CL360 sprocket size and chain run on the FZR swingarm, and the yellow is the chain run needed for adequate clearance of the swingarm. I don't remember sprocket size but again, it's probably listed in the build thread if you want to do some digging.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I might be picking up a CB360 myself. Its already got a USD front end and the rear has a disc brake upgrade of some sort but the dual shock angle looks dangerous and the swinger toothpick thin. I have this 2005 CBR600RR swingarm land shock laying around and...I dont even own the bike yet and the build is getting out of hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts