Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples views on swingarm extensions?
I am looking at getting a set then maybe welding them to the original swingarm or do i just save a bit more and get an extended swingarm from someone like WSR?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I had some on my r1 when I bought then I took them off and it was like magic the bike handled again. Don't do it

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you like the stretched look, go for it. My r1 used to have them on it when i bought my bike, i rode it like that for a year, then took them off and there is a major difference in handling. Stretched out bikes just don't turn as tight. But it's not as bad as some make it sound

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
No a 750L, not sure if i am going to keep the standard swingarm or to fit a K1 or K4 1000 swingarm, either one i use i am looking to extend.
only if its chrome

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
But it's not as bad as some make it sound

Do not lie to this man it is that bad. You think you're still doing good with the extensions then you take them off and realize you were an idiot for riding around like that

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i had 6 or 8 inch extensions on my bike for a few days a while back. it wasnt horrible. my bike would still wheelie. actually got to balance point. but i still prefer them without. im actually looking for a shock now to swap the swingarm i have on there now out because the one i have sitting here is an inch shorter haha

Reactions: jerryatrophy

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest it is for the look element not the handling, if i wanna go tear it up round the lanes i will take my K1 Thou out. Think i will be better off just getting to extension blocks and trying them, if i like it then weld them in place if not they will make a nice ornament on the fireplace, DrJellyFingers, I HATE CHROME.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Meh, swingarm extensions, extended swingarms are kind of a gamble round here. I do not mind them on an extra bike, but 6 inches max. For a 750 you should be fine with exetensions. Not that much power so no worries on breaking them under load. Just make sure you loctite the shit out of the bolts. I've seen bolts back out and put the bike and rider onto the ground before. Dirty shit right there.

But I'm thinking the easiest way to put them on, is to set up a newer swinger on the rear and buy extensions for it. Or find a custom swinger built for your bike to throw on there. Either way you should be able to get what you want.

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I've never had a stretched swinger but if I did I wouldn't do anything else but WELD it on.

On that note, the longer the stretch, the less well it handles. Take that into consideration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts