Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm mm I was thinking two pieces also or a few thin bushings to fit over the bolt into the existing swing arm bushing then

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright that is a good idea.
Anyone able to do this task for me?
Measuring I got
od .665
id .553
and that is me giving a extra .3 for the inner and .3 less for the od so everything should fit nice or do I just give the exact measurements?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just to give you some ideas I ran into this problem on my old fzr and instead of making it all in one piece I made it in 3 pieces. The two end pieces were what I would call the bearing race and the middle piece I made a bit smaller on the od and a bit bigger on the Id. This works as a "crush tube" like is on a lot of the newer bikes. This might work better for you

The bearing races

The crush tube

And the whole assembly

Hope this helps ya out

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to give you some ideas I ran into this problem on my old fzr and instead of making it all in one piece I made it in 3 pieces. The two end pieces were what I would call the bearing race and the middle piece I made a bit smaller on the od and a bit bigger on the Id. This works as a "crush tube" like is on a lot of the newer bikes. This might work better for you

Hope this helps ya out
My setup is basically the same I believe.Inside the swingarm it has the same three parts.
What I did was insert the swingarm sleeve from a 1988 zx600c into the gsxr swingarm but the swingarm bolt for the 88 600c is too big for my frame mount holes and I do not want to drill the frame because if I ever need to use the stock setup then I want to be able to just bolt it up.
I need to use the stock mount bolt but that requires making the id of the sleeve smaller for the stock bolt for my specific bike.

gsxr swingarm stock

1988zx600c pivot sleeve

pivot sleeve perfect fit in swingarm

and here is my stock bolt in 88 zx600c sleeve which is a bit big for the bolt and causes the swingarm to move at a angle and not allow me to properly set the wheel straight and to begin aligning the sprockets

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We can close the thread guys I figured it out.found some bushing a bit small in the ID drilled them and got it all fitting good thank you all for the input.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts