Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I'm ancious to see what you do with this bike Switch !!
Thanks for joinin in the fun.
Have you done any drawings ??
Are you going to put a tail on it ??

·
Ride it like you stole it
398 Posts
I'm ancious to see what you do with this bike Switch !!
Thanks for joinin in the fun.
Have you done any drawings ??
Are you going to put a tail on it ??
Sorry for the huge delay in response, been working bits and pieces here and there on the bike. Mostly been working my ass off between my fulltime day job and both of my 'side projects' i have going right now; an in-home pc repair/consulting service, and a generic automotive service shop a buddy and I are trying to run out of his garage. The last few weeks have been .... interesting.

I do have some sketches of how I want the rear end to look, but honestly I'm a horrible artist, I did them on printed-out photos, with a sharpie, in my spare time at work. They're horrible and i would be embarrassed to show them to anyone on here, but they do kinda give me an idea of the overall look I want.

I am going to be putting some kind of tail on it, I suppose I can let that bit of information leak, even though I'm keeping the rest under wraps ;) I'm probably going bobber tail, low-mount (possibly under-body) completely hand-made exhaust. Drag bars, minimalist turns (possibly even hidden signals), minimalist front end. Still trying to scope out a steering damper to use, been having problems finding one that looks like it will fit at all.

Friend and I are turning an old oven into a powdercoating thing, so once I get the cash to buy the gun we're in business. Rims and all trim pieces gonna be powdered, not sure on the color scheme yet for those. Definately going to have an overall color theme that'll for sure be a head turner when she's done.

Okay, well maybe "WTF-machine" is a better description than "head-turner." :oops:

Anyway, I did get some of my parts in, and probably tomorrow night or this weekend I'll be doing at least a mockup ... guess I gotta decide how much to show and how much to hide at that point!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry to hear your pulling out man would like to have seen where you was going with it. times are hard for alot of us i have no job at mo either the only way i can sort of do this build is sell everything of the bike and hope i make enought to buy things to go back on it lol.
gd luck hope you find another job.

·
Ride it like you stole it
398 Posts
Thanks loopy. Yeah i'm dissappointed to be pulling out of the buildoff, but honestly since there is zero chance I can make enough money off my old parts to buy much other than a new speedo, I'd just be throwing my hat into the ring to get stomped on. Figure I'll leave the contest to people with at least some kind of existing budget for this year.

I _am_ still going to be doing some work to the bike, and so long as things go as planned (which how often does that happen, right?) I'll have her back on the road come spring, mildly modded. Basic plans include a minor chop/bob, custom head/tail/turn lights, and a custom "dash". That's really about it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can see what your saying i'm just one of them fools that keep going intill failier hits me in the face!!! lol.
Gd luck with job hunt ect hope all goes well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts