Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a Danmoto Nano gauge.... and I have an issue with the tach.

Here is my wiring diagram for the danmoto nano gauge, and my 2002 GSF600 Bandit.

I have the Tachometer wire from the bandit (#2 spot in diagram)
attached the R/W wire from the Danmoto gauge

I have the #16 GROUND(tachometer) from the Bandit , attached to the Ground (GND) from the danmoto

Basically, the GAUGE lights up and all indicators work, but the tach doesnt show any bars or anything while reving... but it responded and functioned properly for a good 10 seconds at first, but suddenly just stopped showing up on the LCD . I first thought faulty connection, but from the work I did splicing-its fine.

please help me figure this out. Thanks guys

also, i once i get the guage working I'll install the speed sensor... never done it before, no clue as to where a good mount point is for sensor.

·
890 Posts
The Acewell version uses the wire from the gauge tachometer (your R/W wire) wrapped around the spark plug lead a few times (where it comes out of the coil). Should probably work the same with your gauge.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Does the new gauge give any more specific directions? As said some gauges use an "antenna" wire that wraps around a plug wire, but these usually aren't very accurate and seen more on cheap little hourmeters. Most tach's accept a square wave signal for RPM. Most stock tachs do as well, but there are some exceptions. Some are sine wave (this usually gives a jumpy inconsistent reading), some use an unusual pulse pattern from the ECU, ect, and are difficult to use anything else. Electrical interference can also mess it up, there are signal filters/converters for tachs you can get also.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys, so heres the deal... i may have shorted it out when I hooked up it directly to the wiring harness...even though the bandit has a wire that reads "RPM"

you're suppose to tap into the coil, so I sent it to them and they will replace it.... if it works, this is still a good gauge! if not... FUCK EM!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you get another Dan moto gauge run the ground from the gauge to the frame. Make all other connections as you did previously. Could have been an improper ground causing the gauge to crap out. My thought anyway.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
what a shame... i really liked that gauge.

for now im using a GPS :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.