Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now sawed off the stupid "mudflap" part of my rear fender, and I must say it looks a lot better...plus I also installed mini flush mount lights on my rear tail. now I've just got the plate hanging there. Any ideas for a budget plate relocator? there is no way in hell I'm paying $125 for a re-locator!! :mad:

Been toying with the idea of using my chainguard and some flatbar to make a mount. But I don't want it looking TOOOOO ghetto, plus the cops might have a fit with no tag lights on it. Any ideas guys? I'll post up some pics of the modification once my camera batteries are charged up.

anyone got any pics of theirs so I can steal the idea? :LolLolLolLol:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
go to home depot, by some L bracket with the predrilled holes. cut it like a upside down T and use one bolt up into the undertail and just measure how far apart the holes in the tag are and leave that much for the bolt holes for the tag.......ill do a photoshop for you

I should make these and sell them on ebay haha. Noone steal my idea for profit purposes!! You can even make it so you could mount short stalk turn signals that stick out beside the plate. I can make these things for like $10 a piece, $5 for members (plus shipping)

Im actually going to make one for my bike since I dont have a real tag bracket.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Shitty quick cuts with a hacksaw, ill make nicer ones if i do try to sell them......maybe even powdercoated :p
And if you wanted to run aftermarket turn signals all you do is cut the length like one hole longer on each side, bend that sideways and mount your signals to it......looks eXACTLY like a fender eliminator bracket at nowhere near the cost :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...001QQitemZ110131361700QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts

·
GURU
8,827 Posts

I drew this up to get waterjetted to hold a tag, turn signals and tail light on my bike. I was Quoted $18 bucks out of mild steel and like $25 out of stainless.

Ive seen a few people make em like dudad did but i would try to use more then one bolt hole if you do that.

good luck with what you choose and if get me some dimmensions i can draw you up something you can have cut locally.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
1 bolt hole with a bolt and lock nut will be more than enough.....its not going anywhere lol
If you wanted you could use 2 but since I have 1 hole and its right under my tag light thats all im using....and I can also bend the angle more so its not just straight down under the tail

1 - 11 of 11 Posts