Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I am hoping for somes ideas.

Right now I have a tail lights from an older r1 I think. And they are being held on by zip ties.

I want to finally want to upgrade the tail lights to make it something a bit more appealling to the eye. The problem is I am broke as hell. And I am eventually going to chop the seat. I want to leave it open with no fairings. Any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that would look pretty good. I was thinking of fabbing up some strips of red leds either at the rear or under the tail. But that light would be pretty easy and cheap and I could make a bracket no issue. Thanks for that.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i agree leaving the sub frame makes it look unfinished and cheap. If you are dead set on no body work maybe build a stock sub frame out of round tubing if you can.

have you put any thought into modifying the light you have now to suit your needs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I need to look into it some more. I'm not sure what you mean by doing work to the sub frame or adding anything. I'll look into it.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am actually planning on cutting the seat and subframe and making it a one seater. But until I do that I need something that will work but look better than zip ties.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
just attach an L bracket on the bottom of the seat, mount the first ebay lights on it, and keep the end of the light flush with the end of the subbie. I like the subframe how it is now, clean lines, simple.
^^^^^^+1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven't posted on the website for the last week. I just got back from vacation to Kansas to visit some of my wife's family. I went to ride the bike into work and it wasn't running right and ended up dying on me on the interstate while I was stuck in traffic. So now I have that to deal with before I even worry about the tail lights or anything else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts