Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CB350Cafe first build
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use one? any brand you recommend? Harbor Freight has one for 20 bucks...I know you get what you pay for...maybe there is a life hack for the HF model? Other kits, they look great, well engineered but they are 185 bucks.

I know you get what you pay for and all...

Just wonderin...thanks in advance for your shared experience.

[Edit] maybe just upgrading the main bolt to a grade-8 would be all that is needed to help this tool out. Most HF is crap until you modify it, add a lot of loctite, etc...haha for 20 bucks...some say it worked fine in the reviews...others say dont waste your money. I think a grade 8 fine pitch thread would work amazingly...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
The HF one broke on the first use and it didn't finish the job. I went to the closest muffler shop and they did it for free. Been going back for odd bends and expansions ever since.

·
CB350Cafe first build
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I bit the bullet and went big and pulled the trigger on a Lisle 17350 kit! I will let you all know how it works.

1-5/8 to 4-1/2!! SICK! I can't wait to try it.

I don't often spoil myself, but have been bustin' my ass all year... I know I wont use some of the larger dies, but what a deal right? I dabble in exhaust work and repairs just about every year, so though I won't use it too much, when I do, it'll be really nice.

Provided it works and all...haha.
:rock:

·
CB350Cafe first build
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
The HF one broke on the first use and it didn't finish the job. I went to the closest muffler shop and they did it for free. Been going back for odd bends and expansions ever since.
Mine broke,too. Silly to make something like that out of cast. I really knew better than even waste my time, but, you know.

5400, I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out of that kit. Even the larger dies. If not, feel free to store it at my place, out of your way
:)

·
CB350Cafe first build
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I really knew better than even waste my time, but, you know.
Yeah...I do know. I was so tempted though, and with the harbor freight one, was even going to replace the driver with a grade-8 fine pitch thread bolt...not taking anything away from HF. I just didn't want to make a project out of a project!

I've bought enough harbor freight items to know that for this one, I needed to pony-up some cash.

As far as space...and storing it at your place Ribsy...well...haha...if you're ever in the neighborhood, its all yours to borrow!

Reactions: shinyribs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts