Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 gsxr 1000. I'm looking to do a tail swap on it.

Haven't decided what tail I will be using yet. Thinking maybe a ducati 1098 but not 100% yet.

My question is would it be better to buy a subframe for whichever tail I go with it modifiy it ow just modifiy my subframe to work with whatever tail I go with?

I know doing a tail swap will require some work. Just trying to see what the better route to go is.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Iam looking at doing the same mate want a K9 tail on my rsv. The tail end looks similar fixing points as the tail on the rsv but don't know if the end of the subframe will fit in the new tail unit. What Iam gona do is buy the tail see if I can modify to fit if not ten buy the subframe and make a bracket up to line the mounting bolts up! Either that or get some thin card board and try design my own tail and make it outta fibre glass! How hard can it be hahaha!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm just in the middle of as tail swap on my 1996 Thunderace, an R1 02/03 unit is going on!
Thunderace subframe is welded to the main frame so have had to cut/bend/weld mine, if I had to do this again I'd def buy a subframe same as tail and bolt it on!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts