Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm toying around with some ideas for my tail. I'd like to to a nice tail swap as well as a diferent swingarm. I like the big-bodied look and more curves of the newer swingarms.

As far as a tail swap, I'm thinking gixxer but not sure. Commonly with my bike everyone swaps to r6 tail, but I need some suggestions? Anyone good with photoshop?

As far as the swingarm, pros/cos of the single-sided sa's and also, how much fabbing to swap out swingarms....? Worth the trouble?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haelo said:
I'll approve of the Gixxer tail if you fighter that thing.

dont worry, its gonna fight, I have duct tape holding on the left signal where thep lastic is all cracked, and it just looks better naked anyway. But I have to get some more funds...

I'm thinking the 2003 gixxer tail will be better as its more common in the used market and cheaper for the subframe... Anyone in Virginia that can weld to help we with the subframe?

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Your first thing you have to think about and look at is........How will the new subframe be supported? Will you use the stock subframe off the designated bike, will you have to have a custom one built, will it work with your current one? The problem with alot of the new new subframes is that they are split in half and they mount at such an angle that if you were to do it on your bike that you will have a HUGE opening where the subframe meets the frame and where the seat meets the gas tank.

I tried an R6 tail and gave up once I realized how I would have to position the subframe. I bought a ducati subframe and its PERFECT. It fit so the lower subframe rails were right inline with my stock rails and then I just had two upper bars welded for the top subframe rail to bolt to.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
YZFwants2FIGHT said:
dont worry, its gonna fight, I have duct tape holding on the left signal where thep lastic is all cracked, and it just looks better naked anyway. But I have to get some more funds...

I'm thinking the 2003 gixxer tail will be better as its more common in the used market and cheaper for the subframe... Anyone in Virginia that can weld to help we with the subframe?

what part of va you in? i'm in va beach. done several rear end swaps, lots of suspension swaps, built subframes, etc. maybe i can lend a hand if you're somewhat close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts