Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Monster seat/cowl on my SV1000 and currently have an ebay integrated light on it, designed for a Monster on it. Recently the plate light and one of the turn signals stopped working, so I need a new one.

Any suggestions for what taillight to use?

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts

My Fighter has a R1 Intergrated rear light

Reactions: nemo

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have a r1 tail light I think it 03 r1 like this

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
I'd also seen some 600RR units that looked nice.

Something like this is cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Integrated-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item46075eecae&vxp=mtr

Something like this does way better turn signals but is significantly more money: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBR-600RR-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af202d423&vxp=mtr

If anyone has used the second one and can say for sure that it fits well I'll likely buy it, but I'd rather not waste the money if it won't fit decently.

those are the same tail light. and they both fit its whats on mine now.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They fit the same bike but I suspect there's a quality difference between the two. I think I'll buy a cheap one and see how I like it, turns out I'm putting an old gen Monster tail on my 650 too so I need 2 lights.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
the cheaper one is definitely cheap. some of the lights in mine have died already. but im willing to bet its the same one as the more expensive one

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I ordered the cheap one, I'll see how I like it.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 600RR taillight is a little long, it'll be difficult to make it fit between the latch and the end of the seat. I'll probably use it on the 650 with a new subframe.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've seen those on a couple Triumples, they're very nice. However I'd prefer not spending that much right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts