Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now on my bike I have my gauge cluster zip tied on my tripple and really dont like it there. I am deciding whether to order a custom gauge or just take it off but my question is why wont my bike start when I disconnect my gauge? It tries but wont. When I connect it again its fine. Do I have to do something with the wires or something?

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Yes, there is some electronic trickery going on. Most newer bikes are like that. The ECU is expecting either a certain electrical resistance or using CAN Bus communications with the gauge.
Unless you can unlock this "code," you're probably going to have to keep the gauge.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Are u disconnecting just the gage or the whole front harness with the headlight and all?

If it's the whole front harness then ur unplugging the tip over sensor and need to bypass it at the cdi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im just wanting to remove the gauge. I need the headlight and all to stay connected. The gauge is taking up way too much room and I use it to monitor my game more than anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive looked all over a bunch of different forums about it and my problem is that when I took off my upper fairing and headlights there was no sensor. I know where it is supposed to be on the bike but it wasnt there. This is a used bike btw. So idk where it is. So should I try to to bypass it with the blue and gray connectors?

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
The 06's are hit and miss wether u can take the gauges off
I did a bunch of searching on it with mine
You will also loose the blinkers when u disconnect it
If u just remove the plug out of the back and it don't run your sol
Only other option I've found ir to run the hrc ecu which is $$$

If you have any other questions hit me up
Been working and researching the my 06 Cbr600rr for a bit over a year now
And if u find anything different let me know

Bone

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It worked now! Its gonna take a little while to get used to but I like it a lot better without the gauges. Does anyone know where I can get the plastic piece under the rear seat that's connected to the subframe? The piece that the rear of the tail bolts onto. I broke it when I crashed a while back and when I get a new tail and integrated tail light I can't put it on cuz the tabs are broken. The only way I found to get it was to buy a new subframe.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
Or take a pic of what your looking for...
Mine came with no plastics but the tand and I've slowly been collecting small pieces here and there
Still missing a lot thought

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
U mean the battery tray? Ebay is gonna be ur best bet. Can't be that pricey. I think I have one somewhere but isn't worth me making a mess looking for it so just look find one online cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a picture of the part I am talking about. I just have no idea what that black plastic piece is called and I have looked on the OEM parts diagram. Its cracked towards the rear. Its right under the rear seat. Its not the battery tray. Its all the way all the end of the tail. Th Ill look for some bikes being parted out too. Also, I have looked on ebay but all I can find is battery trays, and the part that I need is only availiable if I buy the whole subframe but there has to be a way around it. I might be making no sense at all but oh well...this is the forum section for noobs.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts