Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice mount in the front and a good mount in the back, however the tank does not rest on the frame spars on the sides. Anyone have an idea to support the tank on the sides without the metal of the tank touching the aluminum spars? The gap is about 3/4". Some kind of adhesive rubber standoff? Thanks!

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My SV has some rubber bumpers glued to the tank. I like it so much I'm going to do the same for my custom tank
That sounds exactly like what I need. And thank you for posting that...I had envisioned something glued to the frame, now I need to start thinking about attaching bumpers to the tank. I'm going to google SV's and see if I can see what you are talking about. :party-smiley:

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Anyone have an idea to support the tank on the sides without the metal of the tank touching the aluminum spars? The gap is about 3/4".
Bike inner tubes wrapped around the spars, maybe with a small wood block under em to fill the gap, secured with zip ties? Same basic effect as the spacers shown in this picture, on a ghetto budget. Would look hacked, but I've got no shame on that count. Easy to remove cleanly, as needs no adhesive.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. Gonna start by getting the tank a little closer to the spars to close up the gap some more and then fab some rubber or delrin brace support pieces...depending on what kind of stock I have laying around out there. :)

Here's what I'm working with. It fit ok with some rubber tube like supports when I had the duc tail and an engine cover piece before but since i've removed those i'm trying to make it nicer.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
+rep for sweet build -rep for no thread?
edit I'm tarded, found it, but then no pics, :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts