Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm trying to put a R6 subframe on my FZR 750 but i'm not sure if i should open a gap in the tank stay on the fzr tank and make 2 90 degree angle brackets to fit the r6 or cut the r6 subframe tanks stay off and bolt the part off the fzr subframe onto the r6 subframe. I think it would be easier to open a gap on the FZR tank and put two 90 degree angle brackets to bolt to the R6 subframe what do you think? I hope that makes sense. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It only flips up now anyway and for the sake of 1 bolt at the pivot point its not a problem to take the tank off. I'm just thinking of the easiest way to do the job. If i do it the other way it means cutting two subframes up to swap the tank stays over. i basically just need to know if i cut a block out of the tank to fit snug round the R6 stay bracket will it be secure enough with a 90 Degree angle bracket each side.

Attachments

·
☢
5,596 Posts
anyway to cut the fzr subframe tank mount off the fzr subframe, and run a bolt through it to allow mounting to the r6 subframe?

or cut the flat, top piece of the fzr subframe tank mount and attach your 90°'s to that, then mount to the r6.

what do you mean "cut a block out of the tank"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the picture of the tank their is a flap of metal at the back with the hole in it where the little square of metal fits to hold the tank to the subframe on the FZR. On the R6 frame it has a large block with two holes in the top and a hole running through the middle of a rubber. if i cut a part of the flap out of the back of the metal flap on the tank so the R6 block fits snug in it then secure it into place with a 90 degree angle mount either side would it be strong enough to do the job?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts