Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought the tdm a while ago and was going to modify it, but the frame does'nt lend itself to modding, so i've bought a srad frame, tank, and s/arm, busa fork's & wheel's, some brembo caliper's, and a few more bit's, over winter i'll see if i can put these bit's together, using the tdm engine,

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
thatll be fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had a lot of 4-banger's over the year's, but i like the sound of twin's, it'll be light and handle well, and i'm not looking for lot's of power, so this combo will be just fine,

·
poor bastard
24 Posts
I'd ask you to do me a favor and measure the inside width of the srad frame where the cylinder head goes?
Maybe its worth starting to look out for a blown up srad to get my own project going... looking for ideas anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
with a project like this, you get a lot of people posting about it being pointless building a machine with less power than the original. but the point of a fighter is not about speed, but more about image, individuality and uniqueness. hence you see big single motors in a gixxer frame and so on. you also get mega turbo powered monster fighters which are masterpieces of engineering, but power isnt always the aim, otherwise fightering a blade for instance is a pretty stupid thing to do, as removing the plastics and fitting renthals makes the bike just that little bit slower due to wind resistance and so on. my advice would be to go for it. create something different to the usual off the shelf fighter crap that anyone can build. i'm currently looking for a dr650 motor to fit into my gsxr400 frame, simply because that is what i want to build. just get out there and break that mould!!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
who cares if it has less power after? he could stick some cranks and pedals off a mountain bike on it and id still watch it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd ask you to do me a favor and measure the inside width of the srad frame where the cylinder head goes?
Maybe its worth starting to look out for a blown up srad to get my own project going... looking for ideas anyway.
it's about 16" at it's widest point,,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, it's not going to happen, bloody engine wont fit in the srad frame, too long with the 50degree tilt on the barrel's, front wheel would foul the cylinder head on full bounce, and that's without the raidiator on, and too wide at the back end to fit between the frame rail's,

i'll have a think about making a straight tube frame (sold my tube bender a few year's ago) a sort of space frame buell kind of thing, we'll see, :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Am I right to think you're doing this outside in UK in winter?

Braver than me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts