Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom Fighters isn't really a spot for racing updates but I love this site so I will post anyway.

My race team is getting fresh paint for this season. Wanted to post photos. Three of the racers, including my wife, run in the 250SS and ULWS class so they race a ninja 250R. I run in Formula Twins and F2 with my SV. We needed a design that matches between the totally different bodywork so we came up with this.

My buddy Tovar, owner of SBKPaint, was my guy for the paint on my bike that I won last years Amateur Championship with so I wanted his help for our team this year. He did a great job on my strange ATX kit

This year I swapped the subframe and am now running an RC-51 upper and lower with a Honda RS250GP tail. I filled in the ram air on the upper to allow for a single number plate and since I don't have ram air, it didn't have a purpose. Anyway, here's a progress montage from the paint booth.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is some finished work. Check out the comparison!

And my SV bodywork:

This tail obviously doesn't normally fit an SV so my sponsor built a new subframe for my race bike and i glassed in the seat where there was a gap to the tank. I also extended the ears of the seat on each side to reach a stock threaded hole in the frame on the SV. Now it looks like a factory fit!

I will snap photos next week when I get the bodywork back to the house and mount everything up. I have to finish putting my race numbers and the remaining sponsor decals on the bike. I've had two of my biggest sponsors decals put under my clear coat but didn't get a chance to bring the Cyclemall/CGR/Vortex/M4/Bridgestone stickers to the paint shop in time. Can't wait to see everything installed and the bikes lined up for a team photo.

Painter Info:

SBKPaint is located in San Diego and David does smoking deals for racers. He also adds discounts on top of the racer discount if you bring in multiple sets of bodywork at the same time. We got a great hook up (can't even post the price) just for bringing in (4) sets. If you were thinking about pimping out your race bike hit him up.

Facebook link:https://www.facebook.com/sbkpaint?fref=ts

He also does street bikes and pretty much anything that would need a paint job. He just happens to specialize in motorcycles. He started his business by painting race bikes. Gotta love that, right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts