Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give more oppinions please on my shortie air intakes.

Attachments

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
I don't know if there going to work. But they look ok.
I'd try and run the tubing down below the rad and have two big intakes.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they just look better than giant wholes in the frame

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
im with type one. . . as far as aesthetics go i think the holes look better, although i would probably put a screen over the holes.

but i do think that these may perform better, and dont look all that bad.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I kinda like it Joe...you should have taken pics of the airbrushing on those ducts before you chopped them up lol.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My problem is the 1000 air box dosnt quite line up in the frame, so I guess to make it work I should use some Aluminium aircraft tape to bridge and seal the gap, or does that really mater,

fromthe side I think it kinda looks better, it looks finished allmost.

Attachments

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was gonna make the mesh sit inside the tube, and make a tear drop shape where it hits the frame with fibre glass or something

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Have you seen my ram air covers Joe? If you kept those and made a cover that comes back and kinda smooths them into the frame instead of having them stick out like stalks.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO I chopped another inch off the intakes last night, I duno, I think Im thinkin too much about the tubes, I think Im just gonna ditch them all together, and there PLASTIC....I SAY, NO to PLASTiC!!!!

I think Im gonna go find my self some SS tube and make something Industrial, looking more like 50 cal machine guns. sticking out of the wholes, something nasty,

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
929_adam said:
im with type one. . . as far as aesthetics go i think the holes look better, although i would probably put a screen over the holes.

but i do think that these may perform better, and dont look all that bad.
Yeah, what he said...
Is it just for looks or are you trying to get some "Ram air effect" back?

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its actually about trying to regain some ram air effect, I actually really dont care to much about looks, the whole bike is themed arround miminal show, all go. what im thinking is 2inch tube comming out of the air ducts, running all the way in to the air box, sticking out say 6 inches, with the last few inches peforated, like the barrel of s 50cal, staggered hole patern, nothing poncey, no internal shit, strieght in to the air box (WHOP)
crap at photoshop....

Attachments

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
That actually sounds like a cool idea. I have yet to see anything like that. Go for it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts